Budget Report-Grand Total Does Not Equal Detail

stevebarr32
stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have a saved budget report which includes transactions for all of 2022. I noticed that my total actual expenses line does not equal the sum of the lines in the report. The budget column total does equal the sum of the detail lines. Something seems to be hidden but I have had no luck solving this.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have a saved budget report which includes transactions for all of 2022. I noticed that my total actual expenses line does not equal the sum of the lines in the report. The budget column total does equal the sum of the detail lines. Something seems to be hidden but I have had no luck solving this.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
    Hello @stevebarr32,    

I am sorry to hear about this issue with mismatching totals. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Are you able to isolate the missing transactions to a particular account? Are any transactions missing in your Account Registers? Make sure that when you go to each account, you go to the 'Gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, then click Edit Account Details, then go to the Display Options tab, and make that 'Hide in transaction entry lists' does not have a checkmark in the box next to it.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • stevebarr32
    stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @stevebarr32,    
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this issue with mismatching totals. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Are you able to isolate the missing transactions to a particular account? Are any transactions missing in your Account Registers? Make sure that when you go to each account, you go to the 'Gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, then click Edit Account Details, then go to the Display Options tab, and make that 'Hide in transaction entry lists' does not have a checkmark in the box next to it.
    >
    > I look forward to your response. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Thank you for your reply, @Quicken Jared.

The Current Budget report for calendar year 2022 has total actual expenses that are $12,500 more than when you add up the individual accounts in the report.

I am not able to determine what the difference is from.

I do have some closed bank and credit card accounts. The "hide in transaction entry lists" is checked on these accounts and greyed out so I can't uncheck it.
  • stevebarr32
    stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
    Additionally, the calculated total expenses of the detail lines in the budget report does equal the Spending total on the top of the Planning>Budget screen for 2022. The total line on the budget report seems to be the issue as it's overstated by $12,500.
  • stevebarr32
    stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
    OK I am all set but I am not sure what the issue was. I had an investment transaction/transfer for $12,500 which was being included in total expenses for some unknown reason.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    OK I am all set but I am not sure what the issue was. I had an investment transaction/transfer for $12,500 which was being included in total expenses for some unknown reason.
    Hello @stevebarr32,  

I am glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, although I am sorry that this resolution remains somewhat unclear. Thanks for getting back to us about how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out anytime with any other questions or concerns you may have, and have a great day!

Regards, 

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.