Why is Quicken treating a payment/credit as a charge?

Norman Drews
Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
I have a Citibank card and noticed just today that my payments are registering as charges (increasing balance) and charges are registering as payments (decreasing balance). This seems to be the only account affected. I notice also that the online balance is incorrect. 

I could delete the account and recategorize each transaction and that would probably fix it but that is extremely tedious considering I'm keeping track of records since 2019.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Quicken for Windows (latest update)

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Norman Drews,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support by phone or chat directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hello,

The issue seems to have mostly resolved itself after Quicken found some sort of irregularity with the account and suggested I deactivate/reactivate the online services. The remaining issue was that the online balance retrieved is incorrect but that seems to have been fixed by moving from Citibank to Citi Cards. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :smile:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.