Expense report

Options
Bayguy
Bayguy Member ✭✭
I am trying to highlight multiple transactions so i add categories to them. i can't find a way to highlight multiple transactions.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In a bank account transaction register you can select transactions in a manner similar to how you can select or block-select files in Windows File Explorer. For example, you can click to select a transaction in the register. Scroll down to the last transaction you wish to select, Shift-click this transaction and the entire block of transactions between the first and the last selected transactions is now highlighted. Right-click any transaction within the block and select the action to perform from a popup menu.
    Another method would be to use the Edit Menu's Find/Replace function to find register transactions and then change their category. https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216329

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In a bank account transaction register you can select transactions in a manner similar to how you can select or block-select files in Windows File Explorer. For example, you can click to select a transaction in the register. Scroll down to the last transaction you wish to select, Shift-click this transaction and the entire block of transactions between the first and the last selected transactions is now highlighted. Right-click any transaction within the block and select the action to perform from a popup menu.
    Another method would be to use the Edit Menu's Find/Replace function to find register transactions and then change their category. https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216329

• Bayguy
    Bayguy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you to UKR. I was able get the desired result by using your alternative method in the Edit menu of the register and using "Find" function and then right clicking to get an edit menu for the selections. In the expense report I still could not select the transactions as you suggested. Eventually i found that I had to choose the "expand all" function which showed all the transactions for the particular vendor and then I was able to select as per normal and do the edit for all of them. Thanks again for your help. I'm on my way.
This discussion has been closed.