Paycheck reminders of different amounts

Hello. I get paid biweekly on Fridays and in the paycheck of the last Friday of each month, I receive an extra payment. I can easily set up the reminders for the last paycheck of the month but for the other biweekly paychecks, do I just set up another reminders for the second Friday of each month? How should I deal with the month with four Fridays immediately after a month with five Fridays? Manual entries for those?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Two paycheck reminders would be my suggestion.
    One for frequency = monthly, every [1] month on the [2nd] [Friday] and
    One for frequency = monthly, every [1] month on the [last] [Friday]   <--- this will cover both 4th and 5th Friday
    When setting up the reminder, work your way into filling out the frequency from left to right. The "[last]" choice is at the very bottom of the popup selection list for the day numbers.
    Recommend you use distinct Payee Names for both reminders, to be able to recognize which is which: "ACME Anvils {2nd Fri}" "ACME Anvils {last Fri}
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    @UKR your solution does not produce the desired effect for me. The key is I do not get paid twice a month but rather, every 14 days on Fridays. Say, the first pay check starts on Friday, January 6, 2023.

The solution fails when the last Friday reminder will miss my second paycheck which is actually on the third Friday of the month. Setting a reminder for the first Friday and the third Friday work for a while until March 2023 in which there are five Fridays. After the fifth Friday of that month, I get paid every second and last Fridays until end of June at which point it switches back to every first and third Friday until September when there are five Friday again.

I think the solution here is to input multiple set of Fridays manually throughout the year with the switches occurring after a month with five weeks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry. I seem to have misunderstood you.
    Are you saying that you get paid like clockwork, every other Friday and one paycheck is amount x, the next paycheck is amount x+something ... and this always repeats: x, x+, x, x+, etc. for a total of 26 paychecks a year.
    That would look to me like:
    paycheck for amount x   starting on 1/6/23, weekly, every 4 weeks on Friday
    paycheck for amount x+ starting on 1/20/23, weekly, every 4 weeks on Friday
    Would that work better for you?
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > I'm sorry. I seem to have misunderstood you.Are you saying that you get paid like clockwork, every other Friday and one paycheck is amount x, the next paycheck is amount x+something ... and this always repeats: x, x+, x, x+, etc. for a total of 26 paychecks a year.That would look to me like:
    > paycheck for amount x   starting on 1/6/23, weekly, every 4 weeks on Friday
    > paycheck for amount x+ starting on 1/20/23, weekly, every 4 weeks on FridayWould that work better for you?

This solution is exactly what I was looking for. I just tested it and the projected balances work! Thank you so much.
This discussion has been closed.