Where is the "Latest Download" date stored?

Options
rrjeanes
rrjeanes Member ✭✭
Occasionally I need to move my data file from one computer to another. I do so carefully with back ups in case anything goes wrong but have not had any difficulty doing so. When I do this, however, the "Latest Download " date does not see to be included in the data file. So, for example, if I move from Computer A to Computer B and during the time I'm using B I download updates to various accounts. Then when I move back to Computer A the latest update dates do not reflect any updates done on Computer B. The transactions I have downloaded using B are all present but the latest update date still reflects the last time Computer A was used to do an update. I have poked around trying to figure out where that information is stored so that when I move to a different computer I can move that file too. Does anyone happen to know?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @rrjeanes,

I haven't taken a look at this lately, but my personal notes indicate that the last Download Date information is in a file called the "runtime.dat" file.  That is located in the hidden "ProgramData/Quicken/Inet" folder.

And just in case you want to clear the Download Date, exit Quicken and remove/rename the runtime.dat file Quicken maintains in a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    [incorrect answer deleted]

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @rrjeanes,

I haven't taken a look at this lately, but my personal notes indicate that the last Download Date information is in a file called the "runtime.dat" file.  That is located in the hidden "ProgramData/Quicken/Inet" folder.

And just in case you want to clear the Download Date, exit Quicken and remove/rename the runtime.dat file Quicken maintains in a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. When I moved the runtime.dat file along with the Quicken Data file, I do indeed move the "Latest Download" dates along with the other information. Thanks a lot for that information Frankx.
This discussion has been closed.