Quicken-Schwab multiple accounts

John D. G
John D. G Member
Hi!

My wife has a Schwab account with her own ID and password. I loaded her account onto Quicken; no problems.

I have 3 Schwab accounts with the same ID and password. Quicken will not allow me to add these accounts. I went through the "add account" process.

While I have allowed access to Quicken through my Schwab Account, Quicken will not let me add my accounts because it appears as if Quicken is defaulting to my wife's Schwab account. Quicken opens my browser to gain access to my Schwab account (even though I am already logged in as me), but won't let me in, citing that my log in information is not correct.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Schwab tech support. They believe it is a Quicken issue.

Is this a known problem? If so, I need to find other financial software.

Thank you.

Comments

• Jeppe53
    Jeppe53 Member
    I have a similar issue with a CU account. I have synced my account but I can't add my Wife's account
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    John D. G said:
    Hi!

My wife has a Schwab account with her own ID and password. I loaded her account onto Quicken; no problems.

I have 3 Schwab accounts with the same ID and password. Quicken will not allow me to add these accounts. I went through the "add account" process.

While I have allowed access to Quicken through my Schwab Account, Quicken will not let me add my accounts because it appears as if Quicken is defaulting to my wife's Schwab account. Quicken opens my browser to gain access to my Schwab account (even though I am already logged in as me), but won't let me in, citing that my log in information is not correct.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Schwab tech support. They believe it is a Quicken issue.

Is this a known problem? If so, I need to find other financial software.

Thank you.
    Hello @John D. G,             

I'm sorry about this problem with accounts that seem to fail to allow you to log into a separate account when you try to connect or add them to online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try creating a manual account by navigating to the upper left-hand corner of the screen and click the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol. You would then click the Offline Account tab at the bottom of the window that follows. You would then select the appropriate Account Type. After you have entered the necessary information and set up the account, try to link to online banking services by clicking on the Settings menu option in the lower right-hand corner of the screen - denoted by the 'Gear' icon, then navigate to the Downloads tab in the window that appears, and click on Connect Account...

You should then be able to select your own account credentials as you go through the regular process of linking your account.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi Quicken Jared. No, this did not work. I also called the Tech Support line, waited 10 minutes, and was disconnected by Tech Support. I am starting to think Quicken is not for me.
  • I figured it out. Inactivate any type of browser extension that promotes safe surfing, such as Duck Duck Go. FYI-
This discussion has been closed.