Sought-after conversation here on quicken community yielding HTTP 401"Not Authorized" error

TheGolux
TheGolux Member ✭✭
Hello. I am having trouble with the file validate Maximum Security Reference error in Quicken. In researching solutions, both google and other conversation in this Quicken Community refer to me a conversation that seems really key, at this URL:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7733014/what-is-securities-max-ref

But it seems even though I am logged (obviously, since I am posting) that I do not have the permission/authorization to view this critical page/discussion because I get a 401 Error and Quicken renders a "You don't have permission" graphic in the error handling page, as per the attached screen shot.

This exact behavior happens in Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, and Firefox.

I would really like to see this page. Can anyone venture a guess as to why I am being denied access and/or any way to get access?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You are not getting the underlying page because Archived discussions are not available to community members with a Member status. Access to those archived discussions are available to those with Superuser status. 

More importantly, the Max Security Ref is not an error, per se. It is a checkpoint. It could indicate a problem but usually (in my experience) does not. 

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That link comes up for me.  But it has been archived.  Here's a shot of part of it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TheGolux
    TheGolux Member ✭✭
    Thank you! Only reason I am not marking this "The Answer" is that it doesn't explain why I can't get to the underlying page. But at least I now have the info!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You are not getting the underlying page because Archived discussions are not available to community members with a Member status. Access to those archived discussions are available to those with Superuser status. 

More importantly, the Max Security Ref is not an error, per se. It is a checkpoint. It could indicate a problem but usually (in my experience) does not. 
  • TheGolux
    TheGolux Member ✭✭
    Cool. But said that such a "pointed to" page would be "archived" and hence unavailable. But thanks again for the information!
This discussion has been closed.