Convert from QMac to QWin - can't delete or change my scheduled transactions (Reminders) [edit]

Options
When I did this everything moved over fine except, I can't delete or change my scheduled transactions that were in my Mac now on my Windows PC? Windows calls them reminders and Mac calls them Scheduled transactions for like bills coming up. I use this to help with my budget from payday to payday. However when you have a change in the bill amount, I can't change it in the Windows thats was converted over from the Mac. I'm running Mac OS ver. 10.13.6 and Windows ver. R45.13.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gbowers said:
    When I did this everything moved over fine except, I can't delete or change my scheduled transactions that were in my Mac now on my Windows PC? Windows calls them reminders and Mac calls them Scheduled transactions for like bills coming up. I use this to help with my budget from payday to payday. However when you have a change in the bill amount, I can't change it in the Windows thats was converted over from the Mac. I'm running Mac OS ver. 10.13.6 and Windows ver. R45.13.
    Hello @Gbowers,   

I am sorry to hear about these problems with data conversion. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, proceed through the instructions provided below, in order, if you haven't already:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gbowers
    Gbowers Member
    Options
    This worked! Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Gbowers,   

I am glad to hear that the above recommendations seem to have resolved the issue. Thanks so much for getting back to us and letting us know how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns you may have, and have a great day!

Regards,

-Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.