why are some of my bank of America accounts downloading and another is not?

Options
some Bank of America accounts download transactions fine after re-synching but my business account does not. Also my chase and Citi cards willl not download transactions either...

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @philipvaughan,

I am not absolutely positive about this (so don't take it as gospel), however it is my understanding that BOA treats business accounts differently from personal bank accounts.  And one of the differences is that its business checking accounts do not support Quicken downloads.  I suspect that they view Quicken only as personal software. I know they support Quickbooks for business accounts, but that doesn't help you.

I would suggest that you have a conversation with your local branch's manager to get confirmation on the software downloads that work for your business checking account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @philipvaughan,

I am not absolutely positive about this (so don't take it as gospel), however it is my understanding that BOA treats business accounts differently from personal bank accounts.  And one of the differences is that its business checking accounts do not support Quicken downloads.  I suspect that they view Quicken only as personal software. I know they support Quickbooks for business accounts, but that doesn't help you.

I would suggest that you have a conversation with your local branch's manager to get confirmation on the software downloads that work for your business checking account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• philipvaughan
    Options
    I will check with the bank, but you have a good point. However I am still having other problems with credo card downloads too, so this may have something top do with what Quicken has changed in their system vis a vis downloads
This discussion has been closed.