How do I install Quicken 2015 on a new Windows 11 computer?

TheAncient
TheAncient Member
Hi there,

I just purchased a new computer and would like to install Quicken 2015 on it. Two other computers are currently running the Canadian version of Quicken 2015 (R6, Build 24.1.6.6) and they are both accessing the same data file which is located on a network drive.
The new computer is supposed to run the same version of the same program and access the same data file but I am having problems installing it:
I installed Canadian Quicken 2015 from the original installation file.
I then applied the latest patch I had on file: QW2015CAR3Patch2.exe
I have one later patch: QWCA2015R6MPatch.exe, but this does not install: apparently it cannot find the following: MSVCR120.dll and
MSVCP120.dll
As a result, while my old computers are running Version R6, Build 24.1.6.6, the new one only has Version R3 Build 24.1.3.6 installed and that has all kinds of other problems.
Quicken support tells me that I HAVE To install the new (subscription based) version of Quicken and I CANNOT install Quicken 2015.
I’m afraid I don’t believe them: There just HAS to be a way of re-installing Quicken 2015. Is there a patch available somewhere that includes the dll files it is complaining about? Where does the patch expect to find those files? Maybe I can manually copy those files from one of the old computers?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TheAncient

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You need to install the Visual C++ Runtime 2013 package.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/5/6/056dcda9-d667-4e27-8001-8a0c6971d6b1/vcredist_x64.exe

You also need to replace the Quicken.ini file in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config with the one from my old computer (hint: this is actually an important file to back up, so you have it when this happens next time!)

See: 
    Migrating Quicken 2017 from old to new computer - Quicken Data Access Guarantee - Page 4 — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Worked like a charm - with one slight change: it wanted the 32-bit version of the vcredist package i.e. vcredist_x86.exe. Fortunately, I had a copy of that saved with my Quicken Source. (I just love it when, in order to get old stuff to work, you have to install MORE old stuff. Then again, with a nick name like "TheAncient", I suppose I shouldn't make disparaging remarks about old stuff.) In any case, everything is working fine now. Somehow it even entered the same old, invalid, Quicken ID - just like like it shows in the old computers.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheAncient said:  Two other computers are currently running the Canadian version of Quicken 2015 (R6, Build 24.1.6.6) and they are both accessing the same data file which is located on a network drive.
    Hopefuly the other 2 computers, and now 3 computers are NOT accessing the Quicken software and QDF data files at the exact same time as if Quicken was a multi-user locking & networked piece of software.... IT IS NOT -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• If you try to open the data file and it's already open, you simply get an error message. (One desktop is in the kitchen, another in the office, and the third is a laptop)
This discussion has been closed.