Navy Federal CU NFCU transaction download issue (QWIN)

Stacy L
Stacy L Member ✭✭
This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I have three accounts at NFCU - checking, share savings, credit card. All connect via Express Web Connect using the same username. Checking and savings are fine. For the credit card, Quicken connects, downloads the updated online balance, but doesn't download any transactions. The workaround for this has been to completely deactivate the connection and reactivate it but come on, that isn't a long-term solution when you have to do it every couple of days. I'm not getting an error, just no downloaded transactions. The "online balance" is correct so I know Quicken is getting SOME sort of info. Seems ridiculous to get this "fixed" and then a couple days later it doesn't work again.

I've been using Quicken for years, have no idea why it can't just...work. Consistently.

Version R45.13
Build 27.1.45.13
Windows 11 Home

Comments

• Gentiere
    Gentiere Member
    None of my accounts will update consistently. It seems as if every time I try to download transactions, all of my accounts are updated...EXCEPT NFCU. Am I missing something or does Quicken not work well with NFCU anymore?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gentiere,

I am seeing recent issues where certain accounts (not all) are failing to download data, but they ARE reporting the correct current balances.  And, while this just started in recent weeks, I have had some similar issues in the past.

You may want to try resetting those accounts that are not downloading.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Stacey L

I'm sure it is no consolation, but I too have been seeing downloads not working in recent weeks.  Not all accounts, but enough to be problematic.  I had been on a ride so far this year with only a few issues, but not now.  I know there has been an Alert / Known Issues on NFCU for a couple of months, but there doesn't seem to be much progress.

Doing manual entries is a drag.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dts
    dts Member
    Starting in October we started seeing problems with downloads. Tonight the system randomly missed almost 2 weeks of downloads, bringing down everything until 10 November then picking back up on the 25th. This is the second time I've seen something like this in the last few months. It's downloading, but not everything. I'm reaching the limit of my patience with Quicken.
  • I haven't been able to download navy on my main quicken file since Nov 23. It wont connect.
    I was able to open a new quicken file and set up new accounts for navy, all 4 of my navy accounts downloaded.
    I really need to be able to get the navy transactions in the Quicken file with all of my other accounts!
    Still need the problem to be fixed...
  • DorothyL
    DorothyL Member
    I am having the same issue....any solutions?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Just in case some of you may not have attempted this, yet, I want to ask: are these issues continuing in a separate data file? 

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem with downloads occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• A common problem with this institution. When trying to update either through one step updates or just for a single account nothing downloads (Same as if there were no new transactions). There ae no error codes. The only work around I have found is to deactivated the online setup (resetting does not seem to help) and then re-establish the connection. Wen this is done the new transactions download.

That said, the next time I attempt to down load I am back in the same boat.
  • jordanal
    jordanal Member ✭✭
    Same issues here, recently. Now Dec. 9th, Quicken doesn't even offer the NFCU 2FA code window and simply returns a CC-506 error code. Why doesn't a Quicken SysAdmin start looking at the dang sync logs between the NFCU and Intuit servers? Time to kick this up to Tier2-support instead of constantly asking customers to further test.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• KMultani
    KMultani Member
    I'm having the same... even when I create a new data file, deactive/active, and anything else that has been recommended. My checking line of credit goes in as a LOAN, with no way to change that when I start a new file ... this is a mess, been happening for a over a month. Just now, I download a .qfx file for a two week period and it doubled about all my transactions not recognizing that those where already cleared. Good times!
  • K_BELLS
    K_BELLS Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as well. I pay an annual fee for this service, and I think it's not worth it and will be looking into alternatives.
  • I've been getting the following message for several days: Quicken Cloud is temporarily unabailable. (QCS-500) An internal problem has occurred while processing your request [Requestid=null]. Please try after some time. I've also downloaded the transactions into a QFX file, buts when I attempt to import them, Quicken will only allow those transaction into a new account. And my account knows when the last time it downloaded to quicken.
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    CC 505....Monthly occurrence...Quicken does nothing to resolve this other than jack up subscription fees...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlpaPilot said:
    I've been getting the following message for several days: Quicken Cloud is temporarily unabailable. (QCS-500) An internal problem has occurred while processing your request [Requestid=null]. Please try after some time. I've also downloaded the transactions into a QFX file, buts when I attempt to import them, Quicken will only allow those transaction into a new account. And my account knows when the last time it downloaded to quicken.
    You cannot download a QFX file into a Quicken account register which is still connected for OSU downloading.
    If this QFX file is
    • for a one time fix-up job, download into a new "temporary" account register, then select which of the transactions you need and MOVE them into the real account register. When done, delete the temporary account together with all unneeded transactions.
    • for regular repeated downloading and processing you need to deactivate the account register. Once that's done, you can import the file directly.
  • rlmoffatt
    rlmoffatt Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am having the same issue today.
  • JRHVSD
    JRHVSD Member ✭✭
    The new release today seems to have fixed Navy Federal issues. Disconnect the connection and re-connect. Works like it use to.
  • PowayBob
    PowayBob Member
    I've had this and similar issues periodically for several years. Have talked to Quicken and NFCU and had a couple of conference calls with both, arranged by NFCU. Each time the issue gets fixed, for a while. At times I will get errors on multiple accounts, and some will have updated and others won't. I can't help but think this is an NFCU created issue as it is the only set of accounts that has problems on an ongoing basis. NFCU is a great Credit Union in many ways, but as a 50+ year member, I've figured out it's often hard to get their attention.
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    No…This is a Quicken issue! I find it discouraging that Quicken cannot reliably interface with one of the largest credit unions in the world. Whatever the issue is, there has been no noticeable improvement in the past 5 years. It’s a monthly occurrence for me. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    xssnco said:
    No…This is a Quicken issue! I find it discouraging that Quicken cannot reliably interface with one of the largest credit unions in the world. Whatever the issue is, there has been no noticeable improvement in the past 5 years. It’s a monthly occurrence for me. 
    Please read and follow instructions regarding CC-505 errors:
    The bank could be blocking traffic, temporarily to avoid server overload conditions or permanently because they have chosen to no longer support third party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.
  • dbrown300
    dbrown300 Member ✭✭
    The only way to get SOME Navy Federal accounts to update is to reset the account under online services. Not seeing the error CC-505. This is the thread I'm tracking although it really doesn't say much besides they have no clue when they will have the issue fixed.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922968/ongoing-11-22-22-navy-federal-credit-union-cc-505-105-or-cc-506-106
This discussion has been closed.