I can't open quicken

I am getting an OOPS, Something went wrong message when I start Quicken and it asks me to connect to the server and login. I hope this is temporary but would like to confirm. Can someone help me out?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work, e.g., in McAfee Firewall,
      one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
  • Thanks, been running on same VPN for years. This just started this AM. Will try the reboot and see if it helps. Also just killed the VPN and tried and it didn't help. Note, I am able to change my password through that login screen (say I need help) but it doesn't allow me to get through. Even after it is changed and I enter new password I am now getting "Invalid Credentials" Then I can change it again and it says password updated, and then same "Invalid Credentials". Feels like they are working on something and this will resolve itself, but need to be sure.
  • Reboot didn't help
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you located? US? Canada? Other country?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
This discussion has been closed.