Unable to reinstall Quicken Premier

Options
During a session, Quicken shut down and a pop up screen appeared with the message "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run." After that, Quicken will no longer load. Uninstalling it completely, downloading the Quicken install file from my account, and trying to reinstall it on my laptop results in the same pop up message appearing at the time I try to load my personal file. It continues to work on another laptop using the Windows 11 and the same installation file. Is there a fix to this problem?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
This discussion has been closed.