Checking transactions don't download from SouthState Bank (Q Mac)

mick0
mick0 Member ✭✭
I'm not sure what is happening here but my Savings transactions download with no problems. I have spoken with the bank's people regarding downloading into Quicken and they assure me that both of my accounts are set up the same to allow the downloads

I've also gone into my bank site to manually download the transactions for importing into my Quicken account and when I attempt to import it goes through the process as if adding them but nothing goes into my checking transactions.
Where are they going?
My checking account name is the same on the bank site and within Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mick0 said:
    I'm not sure what is happening here but my Savings transactions download with no problems. I have spoken with the bank's people regarding downloading into Quicken and they assure me that both of my accounts are set up the same to allow the downloads

I've also gone into my bank site to manually download the transactions for importing into my Quicken account and when I attempt to import it goes through the process as if adding them but nothing goes into my checking transactions.
    Where are they going?
    My checking account name is the same on the bank site and within Quicken.
    Hello @mick0,       

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your SouthState Bank-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the 'Add Account' button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I am eager to hear about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    That worked and downloaded information into both checking and savings. I realize I can just delete this new savings account but is there a way to transfer my "new" checking transactions into my original checking or vice versa?
  • Quicken Jared
    mick0 said:
    That worked and downloaded information into both checking and savings. I realize I can just delete this new savings account but is there a way to transfer my "new" checking transactions into my original checking or vice versa?
    Hello @mick0,   

Thanks so much for letting me know about what you saw in the test file, and I do apologize that this problem remains in the original data file. Nonetheless, this does help us isolate the problem a great deal. 

In the account as it appears in the original date file, is there already a transaction history that has been downloaded? I want to be clear on this before we proceed.

Let me know, if you get the chance to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I had gone onto my bank's site for online banking and attempted to do a manual transfer. I downloaded to my computer ands then went into Quicken to import the transactions. When I clicked on the data to be imported it appears to actually work but nothing actually appears in the account in Quicken.

There have been no recent transactions actually downloaded/imported to this account.
  • Quicken Jared
    mick0 said:
    I had gone onto my bank's site for online banking and attempted to do a manual transfer. I downloaded to my computer ands then went into Quicken to import the transactions. When I clicked on the data to be imported it appears to actually work but nothing actually appears in the account in Quicken.

There have been no recent transactions actually downloaded/imported to this account.
    Hello @mick0,

Thanks for answering my earlier question. 

I want to make sure I am clear: are there any accounts containing downloaded transaction data in the earlier data file? I want to make positive whether or not you were already using a data file where you were attempting to add exclusively new accounts. I will have more actual troubleshooting advice momentarily, but this will determine the next steps that are taken. 

I look forward to further correspondence about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I had attempted today to add a new checking account but was not using the directions you provided. This was prior to you responding and based upon information I had seen within the Community discussions. I was UNSUCCESSFUL at adding another account at that time. My banking login did not work. When I hit continue it remained on the same screen and beside my login name and password were red arrows so I just cancelled the attempt.

My savings account does contain up to date transactions that are loaded from SouthState using the same login information. Whenever I update all accounts each have been loading properly except for my checking account
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    I have other banking and brokerage accounts not affiliated with SouthState that are all updated at the same time.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited December 2022
    mick0 said:
    I had attempted today to add a new checking account but was not using the directions you provided. This was prior to you responding and based upon information I had seen within the Community discussions. I was UNSUCCESSFUL at adding another account at that time. My banking login did not work. When I hit continue it remained on the same screen and beside my login name and password were red arrows so I just cancelled the attempt.

My savings account does contain up to date transactions that are loaded from SouthState using the same login information. Whenever I update all accounts each have been loading properly except for my checking account
    Hello @mick0,    

Thanks so much for working with me on this issue so patiently. I do apologize that this is continuing, and for the many questions.

First, navigate back to your original data file and save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the following steps to delete the account containing old transactions in the original file:

1. Select the account you want to delete in the sidebar.
    2. In Quicken, choose Accounts > Delete Account...
    3. Click Delete to confirm the deletion.

Note: From the Quicken menu, you can choose Edit > Undo Delete Account. (This is the only time you can recover this account. Once you move on to another task, you will no longer be able to recover this account.) You will also need to reconnect the account for download after the deletion.
    Now, you may add your SouthState Bank-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. 

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mick0
    mick0 Member ✭✭
    Sorry for being slow to respond but I followed the steps but when I try to setup downloads it doesn't show my checking account as an option to add. The only options to add are a Checking and Savings that belong to my son and an Overdraft Account associated with my checking.
  • Quicken Jared
    mick0 said:
    Sorry for being slow to respond but I followed the steps but when I try to setup downloads it doesn't show my checking account as an option to add. The only options to add are a Checking and Savings that belong to my son and an Overdraft Account associated with my checking.
    Hello @mick0,   

Thanks for letting me know what has transpired after the previous steps were attempted. I do apologize that this is continuing.

Given this new development, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.