Investing tab broken

Kang!
Kang! Member
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Long time Quicken user. Recently, my Investing tab has become unresponsive. It appears on screen, and when clicked, seems to want to do something, but the investing screen does not appear. The application remains on whatever screen you were in when you clicked the investing tab. Appreciate any ideas you may have!

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always helpful to mention the version....   Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kang!
    Kang! Member
    Thank you for that. V R45.13
    Long time Quicken user. Recently, my Investing tab has become unresponsive. It appears on screen, and when clicked, seems to want to do something, but the investing screen does not appear. The application remains on whatever screen you were in when you clicked the investing tab. Appreciate any ideas you may have!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • Kang!
    Kang! Member
    No luck... Tried validate AND super validate. Investing tab is still unresponsive
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Kang! said:
    No luck... Tried validate AND super validate. Investing tab is still unresponsive
    Hello @Kang!,   

I am sorry about this problem with unresponsive screens. Thank you for letting us know about your results from validating and super validating the test file, although I am sorry that this problem is continuing. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Kang!
    Kang! Member
    Did not work
This discussion has been closed.