Gap in Credit Card transactions

pwedeba2004
pwedeba2004 Member ✭✭
There is a 9 month gap in this year's transactions for my credit card. How do I download them into Quicken Mac?

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Most banks do not allow for download of transactions older than 90 days.

There is one option that might work: if your bank lets you download a QFX file with the old transactions from their website, you may be able to import this into Quicken. Go to the bank's website and look for QFX or Quicken File download. See if it will let you set the date range as needed. Download the file, then double click it to import into Quicken. Let Quicken create a new account for this data. Then carefully merge the transactions into the existing account by dragging and dropping from the new account to the existing account in the sidebar.

If you'd like to share the name of the bank/credit card, fellow users may be able to provide more specific instructions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    On my Chase credit cards, if I go to the the account activity, there is a download button. Clicking that takes you to the option to download a QFX file for year to date, last year, etc. You should be able to import this into Quicken.

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Most banks do not allow for download of transactions older than 90 days.

There is one option that might work: if your bank lets you download a QFX file with the old transactions from their website, you may be able to import this into Quicken. Go to the bank's website and look for QFX or Quicken File download. See if it will let you set the date range as needed. Download the file, then double click it to import into Quicken. Let Quicken create a new account for this data. Then carefully merge the transactions into the existing account by dragging and dropping from the new account to the existing account in the sidebar.

If you'd like to share the name of the bank/credit card, fellow users may be able to provide more specific instructions.
  • pwedeba2004
    pwedeba2004 Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much. The credit card is Chase.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    On my Chase credit cards, if I go to the the account activity, there is a download button. Clicking that takes you to the option to download a QFX file for year to date, last year, etc. You should be able to import this into Quicken.
  • pwedeba2004
    pwedeba2004 Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.