Opening Quicken File with Apple Watch No Longer an Option?

For the past 2-3 days, when I open Quicken, it asks for a password with no option to open using Apple Watch. I have checked the Security and "Open with Apple Watch" is checked. I have tried several times today, and it is not asking to open file with Apple Watch.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Rickd83 said:
    For the past 2-3 days, when I open Quicken, it asks for a password with no option to open using Apple Watch. I have checked the Security and "Open with Apple Watch" is checked. I have tried several times today, and it is not asking to open file with Apple Watch.
    Hello @Rickd83,  

I am sorry about this problem with opening the Quicken File using your Apple Watch. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Just so we are clear, you have already checked your System Preferences on your Mac and made sure that the Apple Watch was enabled to open apps, correct? Also, have you set a password for your Quicken file? If not, this will be necessary in order to enable this feature. Lastly, are you wearing the watch when trying to open the file?

I look forward to corresponding with you about this, further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rickd83
    Rickd83 Member ✭✭
    I am not sure what happened, but I turned off Apple Watch connect and then turned it on again, and it started working with Apple Watch again. I guess that it just needed to refresh for some reason.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Rickd83 said:
    I am not sure what happened, but I turned off Apple Watch connect and then turned it on again, and it started working with Apple Watch again. I guess that it just needed to refresh for some reason.
    Hello @Rickd83,  

Thanks so much for letting me know how things turned out. I am happy to hear that the situation has been resolved, and I appreciate the helpful information about how turning the watch on and off seemed to fix the problem.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • smvl808
    smvl808 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    When I logged on today, I also could not use my Apple Watch. When I go into security settings, the option for Apple Watch use is no longer there, only to use Touch ID. Maybe this occurred because yesterday I updated to MacOS Ventura 13.1. Does Quicken need to push out an update? But I don't even see the Apple Watch option anymore.
  • Rickd83
    Rickd83 Member ✭✭
    I was able to start using my Apple Watch again after turning the Apple Watch option off then on again in the Security Settings. However, I am still using Ventura 13.0.1, and my MacBook has not yet updated to Ventura 13.1. Will have to see what happens after I update to Ventura 13.1.
  • smvl808
    smvl808 Member ✭✭
    The option for Apple Watch has returned. Maybe I needed to close out the quicken app and return. In the meantime, I ticked the box for open with touchid for my MacBook. That may be easier, since sometimes the watch gets fouled up during DND sleep mode or when I still have it in "swimming mode". But it's great to see Quicken incorporating this additional functionality!
  • Rickd83
    Rickd83 Member ✭✭
    Glad you got it back.
This discussion has been closed.