Checkpay status not updating to paid

Options
maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
Notice several Checkpay payments are not updating to Paid status since November even though they have been cleared and some reconciled in the account already.

Some are stuck at "Estimated Delivery Date: xxxx". Some are stuck at "Printed and delivered to US Mail". In each case they have cleared the banks and have been cashed already.

This is occurring in multiple payment accounts.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maxwelwp said:
    Notice several Checkpay payments are not updating to Paid status since November even though they have been cleared and some reconciled in the account already.

Some are stuck at "Estimated Delivery Date: xxxx". Some are stuck at "Printed and delivered to US Mail". In each case they have cleared the banks and have been cashed already.

This is occurring in multiple payment accounts.
    Hello @maxwelwp,     

I am sorry about this problem with payments that do not update their status. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community.

If you haven't already, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then navigate to the Bills & Income tab. Go to the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, then click on Review & Repair in the dropdown menu that appears. A second menu will appear; click the Review and Repair Payments option here.

Let us know if the issue persists after this is done. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Thank you for the response.

I did as you mentioned above earlier this morning and from the discrepancy detected msg window (found 4 the first time and 1 the second time) selected the option to "Do not make any changes: the scheduled payments will be made, even though they do not appear in Quicken".
    Next msg window states "This account has one or more QuickPay or CheckPay transaction that is not present on the server". From this msg window I select "Convert them to manual payment transactions, leaving the amount alone"
    As Quicken does not provide any information on what account or what payment, I checked all account registers and found the "scheduled" note in the check # field was gone.
    So... based on the contradictory msg's in the process, I don't know if the payment will continue to be processed or if I have to find another way to make the payments.

None of the past CheckPay payments that were already cleared and/or reconciled (which initiated this conversation) were changed by this process but it apparently broke the ones that were in process...

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maxwelwp said:
    Thank you for the response.

I did as you mentioned above earlier this morning and from the discrepancy detected msg window (found 4 the first time and 1 the second time) selected the option to "Do not make any changes: the scheduled payments will be made, even though they do not appear in Quicken".
    Next msg window states "This account has one or more QuickPay or CheckPay transaction that is not present on the server". From this msg window I select "Convert them to manual payment transactions, leaving the amount alone"
    As Quicken does not provide any information on what account or what payment, I checked all account registers and found the "scheduled" note in the check # field was gone.
    So... based on the contradictory msg's in the process, I don't know if the payment will continue to be processed or if I have to find another way to make the payments.

None of the past CheckPay payments that were already cleared and/or reconciled (which initiated this conversation) were changed by this process but it apparently broke the ones that were in process...

Hello @maxwelwp,   

Thanks so much for getting back to me with so much detail about the results of Reviewing and Repairing Payments, and for providing those helpful screenshots. I do apologize about these conflicting messages in pop-ups.

Given these changes following the implementation of the earlier troubleshooting steps, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.