Balances for one account at Fidelity do not match

Cecil
Cecil Member ✭✭
I have multiple financial accounts at different institutions. After recently migrating Quicken from Windows to a Mac, all accounts are transferred without significant issues except one. One of three accounts at Fidelity transfers all transactions, but the on line balance, the running balance and the sidebar balance all show different numbers. I made a transaction live balance adjustment, and now the running balance and the on line balance match, but the sidebar balance is off by about $4500. How do I fix that?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Cecil said:
    I have multiple financial accounts at different institutions. After recently migrating Quicken from Windows to a Mac, all accounts are transferred without significant issues except one. One of three accounts at Fidelity transfers all transactions, but the on line balance, the running balance and the sidebar balance all show different numbers. I made a transaction live balance adjustment, and now the running balance and the on line balance match, but the sidebar balance is off by about $4500. How do I fix that?
    Hello @Cecil,   

I am sorry about this problem with disparities between balances. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, do you know what 'instance' of Fidelity you selected in order to link your accounts to online banking services? Also, If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Fidelity-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the window and choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know about your results, if you have the opportunity. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    Instructions followed. In the new file, of the three accounts two now match (including the bad one) and one is off by only $0.06.
  • Quicken Jared
    Cecil said:
    Instructions followed. In the new file, of the three accounts two now match (including the bad one) and one is off by only $0.06.
    Hello @Cecil,   

Thanks for getting back to me with information about your results from the test file. I apologize that this problem remains unresolved, for the moment.

What Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    Direct connect
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    I can live with one account being off by only 6 cents. Should I delete the accounts in my main quicken file and then re-add them as if they were new accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited December 2022
    Cecil said:
    I can live with one account being off by only 6 cents. Should I delete the accounts in my main quicken file and then re-add them as if they were new accounts.
    Hello @Cecil,   

Thanks so much for getting back to me about what is happening.

In this case, it would be best to restore from a backup rather than deleting your Investments, as this could cause a loss of account histories. We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from Backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

Let us know how this works, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    These are files migrated from a Windows version of Quicken which did not have the errors...they showed up in the Mac after the transfer and the only backups without the problem are Windows backups
  • Quicken Jared
    Cecil said:
    These are files migrated from a Windows version of Quicken which did not have the errors...they showed up in the Mac after the transfer and the only backups without the problem are Windows backups
    Hello @Cecil,   

Thanks for letting me know more about when these particular issues emerged, and what backups are available. I do apologize that this problem is continuing. 

Did this occur immediately after converting your data? I just want to make sure: did you follow the steps linked in this Support Article, in order, when trying to convert your file from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac? Also, where is your current active data file located? ou can track this anytime by going to File > Show "(Data File Name will be displayed here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    I followed Quickens instructions for transfer of files from Windows to Mac. Every other account moved well. quicken files are located on an external hard drive to Mac Book Pro
  • Quicken Jared
    Cecil said:
    I followed Quickens instructions for transfer of files from Windows to Mac. Every other account moved well. quicken files are located on an external hard drive to Mac Book Pro
    Hello @Cecil,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues continuing, and thanks for answering my previous questions. 

In this case, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Cecil
    Cecil Member ✭✭
    thank you
This discussion has been closed.