Quicken stopped downloading from Citi Credit Cards

Bob_I
Bob_I Member ✭✭
:s Quicken Stopped downloading transactions from my 2 CitiCard accounts in November. I've tried re-linking, resetting, and re-entering the password. While Quicken reports a successful download, nothing has downloaded.
Is this a system error - nothing is reported. Any suggested next steps?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Bob_I said:
    So - I re-entered my primary file, and re-entered my credentials, and it just downloaded the missing Citi Transactions.
    I have zero clue why, but I'm not going to argue.
    Thanks for listening.
    Hello @Bob_I,   

I am glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, although I apologize that the resolution, itself, remains somewhat unclear. Thank you for getting back to us about this and letting us know how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any other questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    This issue has been going on for months. [Removed - Speculation]
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Member
    edited December 2022
    Agree - Quicken keeps sending these messages that they’re working on it but there is NO ETA about when it might be fixed. [Removed - Rant]
  • Quicken Jared
    Bob_I said:
    :s Quicken Stopped downloading transactions from my 2 CitiCard accounts in November. I've tried re-linking, resetting, and re-entering the password. While Quicken reports a successful download, nothing has downloaded.
    Is this a system error - nothing is reported. Any suggested next steps?
    Hello @Bob_I, @woodinlb, and @CharlieH,   

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing that transactions are not downloading, but no error message appears? If so, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Citi-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bob_I
    Bob_I Member ✭✭
    I did exactly as instructed and created a test file. I added the Citi account (containing 2 cards). The connection worked and Quicken downloaded the "Opening Balance". However, no transactions were downloaded - ONLY the opening balance.
    So, it is having the same problem in the new test file as in my primary accounts file.
  • Quicken Jared
    Bob_I said:
    I did exactly as instructed and created a test file. I added the Citi account (containing 2 cards). The connection worked and Quicken downloaded the "Opening Balance". However, no transactions were downloaded - ONLY the opening balance.
    So, it is having the same problem in the new test file as in my primary accounts file.
    Hello @Bob_I,  

I am sorry that these issues are continuing in the test data file. Thank you for letting us know about your results.

Are you making use of the 'Citi Cards' instance in the Add Account window to link your accounts? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I am eager to hear your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bob_I
    Bob_I Member ✭✭
    So - I re-entered my primary file, and re-entered my credentials, and it just downloaded the missing Citi Transactions.
    Thanks for listening.
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Bob_I said:
    Thanks for listening.
    Hello @Bob_I,   

I am glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, although I apologize that the resolution, itself, remains somewhat unclear. Thank you for getting back to us about this and letting us know how things turned out.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any other questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.