How to view Quicken 2013 files on windows 10, also best version for reconciling personal account

Hello, can someone please tell me the quickest / easiest way to view Quicken 13 files on a Windows 10 machine? I don't need to manipulate the files, just looking to get info. The files over generally came from a Windows 7 machine that died a month ago. Not sure if I still need Quicken or not. If I did, what version would be the best to get, all I need it for is for reconciling my checking and credit card accounts? Thanks!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need Quicken in order to view a Quicken data file. You can download/install a free version of Quicken 2013 from https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Download QWin 2013 and install it on your Win10 machine.
    Run Quicken and do Help > About Quicken. If it's not at release R12, close Quicken and download and install the release R12 mondo patch.
    Then run Quicken and load the desired files.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Hello, thanks for the replies. So you are saying Quicken 13 DOES run on Windows 10? I was under the impression it would not, I forget where I read that but if it does, I still have my Quicken 13 install disc and would love to be able to use it, again just to reconcile accounts, can I do that on this Windows 10 machine? Thanks again.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should run. It's no longer supported by Quicken Inc. though. Try the download version, which might be updated to R12 already. Your CD is guaranteed not to be.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Quicken 2013 on Windows 10.  You can try to install your 2013 Disc or download 2013 for free if you don't have a CD reader.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.