Quicken 2013 Install to new computer

Options
mommaj0815
mommaj0815 Member
I am trying to install my Quicken 2013 (disc) onto my newest computer, but I keep getting an error box saying that I need Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 when I click Ok it tries to take me to a website that no longer exists. I tried downloading it from online but then it won't let me open my existing files without registering it. When I try to go to registration, I get a message saying that I am not connected to the internet, or my firewall setting need to be changed I have tried everything suggested and still cannot get to registration. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type "Windows Features", and press Enter. The Turn Windows features on or off dialog box appears.
    2. Click the ". NET Framework 3.5 (includes . NET 2.0 and 3.0)" check box (it should be at the very top), click OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bypass registration (Quicken for Windows 2014 and older)

If you get stuck on a Registration window, you can try the following to bypass registration:

• Start or restart Quicken.
    • Do not start a One Step Update or any other download activity.
    • US version: Press and hold and keep holding both the left CTRL and Shift keys while you click Tools and then One Step Update.
    • Canadian version: Press and hold and keep holding both the left CTRL and Shift keys while you click Online and then One Step Update.
    • When the message “You will no longer be prompted for registration” appears, click OK.

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+

When running an old, unsupported Quicken for Windows version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes (patch files) directly from Quicken.
    However, until further notice they are still available here:
    US version:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html
    Canadian version:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-canadian.html
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and install the appropriate file(s) from the link above. Save those downloaded files on external storage media, for future reference.

For Q US 2013, any feature level, you should download the 2013 Release R 12 Mondo patch file and install it.

This discussion has been closed.