Why does my Cleared Balance not equal my Statement Ending Balance?

fschmid
fschmid Member ✭✭✭
All the Charges and Payments are cleared for this period but the Cleared Balance does not equal the Statement Ending Balance. So why is there a Difference?
The Register Balance matches the Ending balance on my paper statement for this period.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    do you have items in the register that do NOT have an "R" or "C" in the CLR column of the register????

sort by the CLR column - appears something is not cleared somewhere in the register. 
  • seeker23
    seeker23 Member
    Every month there is an issue. I have been using Quicken for as long as I can remember and every month there is a problem with your SW. Really rethinking about renewing, there has to be something better than this. Last month I had reconciling issues where clear transactions don't show in the reconciliation screen , now again. What is wrong this SW? Never had issues like these, now every month is something. Very disappointed.
  • fschmid
    fschmid Member ✭✭✭
    No, I do not have any items before or during this period that do not have an R or C in the CLR column. When I sort by the CLR column I see that there are no blank CLR items in this register.
    Though I am starting over with this account and trying to reconcile transactions back in 2016. Is there a problem with handling dates that are several years old?

As mentioned before I checked several paper statements prior and the ending balances match the last transaction balance for the statement period.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @fschmid there have been a number of posts about Q changing the opening balance for unknown  reasons.  You might open a back up file from the last time you were comfortable things reconciled and look at the opening balance....then re-launch your current file, be sure THAT opeing balance is in the register....does that fix the problem? 

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    It helps to put the opening bal in notes OR memo also so you have a quick reference.
  • I have discovered a fundamental Quicken Windows problem with reconciling very old Quicken accounts. It seems that suddenly previously reconciled accounts show a large error balance with absolutely no uncleared transactions to justify it. The only way I have been able to solve this is to let Quicken automatically enter an adjustment balance and then remove it the NEXT DAY (important) with a 'Cash Transferred out of Account' entry to some sort of Separate Hidden cash account (I called mine BUFFER). If you do this properly, the account balance will always be correct, future reconciles will work OK, and the transferred funds just disappear from the system. Just be sure to Back up your data file first before starting so you can restore it if you do something wrong.
This discussion has been closed.