Selecting "Details" in drop down displays budget only (Budgets, Annual view, Q Win)

koplowitz
koplowitz Member ✭✭
Selecting the "Details" option in the drop down menu to the right of the next year "2023" at the top seems to display only Budget rather than Budget, Actual and Balance. This is not occurring for 2022. The 1st expenses for January 2023 are being entered at this writing (end of December 2022). Also, selecting "Balance Only" displays hypens (-) rather than the budget/actual differences. Any thoughts or others seeing this? thanks

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    After a quick glance at my Budget view for 2023, I can confirm that there does appear to be a bug in the "Balance only" setting, displaying hyphens (-) only.

All other view selections are displaying correct numbers.
    (Q Win R 45.21)
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    I have a previous ticket in which Quicken totals are not correct: Budget (top right) does not equal Personal Expenses plus Loans, sum of monthly budgets doesn't equal Balance on far right, Sum of Personal expenses budgets for each category doesnt equal Balance on far right, etc. Quicken support has confirmed that there are numerous issues with the Budget functionality in its entirety. THey asked for patience while they research and resolve.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Do you get only balances if you select Detail in the far right drop down or actual, budget, & bal?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    koplowitz said:
    Do you get only balances if you select Detail in the far right drop down or actual, budget, & bal?
    @koplowitz ,
    if you're asking me ... all Annual View numbers display amounts correctly in all view selections, except the "Balance only" view which shows nothing but "-" in all cells.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Thanks. So you DO see 3 columns when select Detail: Actual, Budget & Balance in 2023? I only have Budget. The inaccurate sums and "Detail" view issues are happening with a brand new file on latest version. Quicken support has advised me that they are being inundated with Budget issues and to wait for patch.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    See sample of "Details".
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice the sneaking little checkbox in the lower right corner?

• koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    I did see that box but hadnt tried it. That resolved the detail. thanks! The main problem of incorrect sums remains. Have you had issues where Budget in top right doesnt equal personal expenses and loan subtotals? Or personal expenses total doesnt equal manually calculated monthly budgets or category budget totals? thanks
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I add total "Personal Expenses" with "Savings Goals" (I budget savings goals) I get the "Budget:" number exactly. You have to be careful with making sure all categories are represented in the budget as there can be some not listed that have lingering amounts in them.
    If you are having issues with getting your budget to add up correctly, I would suggest adding all possible categories to ensure 0.00 amounts across all months. Then you can remove the categories not wanted.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Are you saying that there could be category amounts in the budget total that are not included in the budget? Thanks again
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Heres an example of monthly budget not totaling correctly.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Please disregard that example.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Ok, so I did a little more sluething and see that everything totals when in budget only view. Why is the Personal Expenses amount different between budget only and detail?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I see from the example you provided that you are not using cents. While you may prefer not to use that level of detail, it can save you a lot of headaches trying to chase down off amounts.

If you decide to go that route, you can turn cents on from the Budget Actions>View options...
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Yes, I realized that and thats why i said to disregard it. Thanks. Why is personal expense total different between budget only and detail?
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    I created a new budget and slowly populated it toggling between budget only and detail. when I got to 1 category (insurance), I noticed in the detail view, the rollup amt didnt include a sub-value (Health premium). ANy thoughts? See sample
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it has something to do with your December premium but cannot see what.
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Ok. The december premium should be included in the insurance aggregate in detail. why the difference?
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your continued help
  • koplowitz
    koplowitz Member ✭✭
    Decided to create all new categories. This resolved most issues but balance at bottom of 2023 summary is off by $5. Everything else is totaling correctly. I also noticed that balance totals for each month are rounded. Dont see a preference to change that and it doesnt account for the $5.00. I'm learning a lot about the budgeting feature and how it is not as intuitive as I expected. Im sure most of my issues are my lack of understanding of the functionality despite it seeming straight-forward.
This discussion has been closed.