Why is my Visa account cleared balance starting off negative?

Options
dfatq
dfatq Member ✭✭
Last month all was fine, this month this visa account from nevada state bank won't download any new transactions (I had to manually add 3 to the 6 total) and now when I tried to reconcile it starts off with a negative balance so it doesn't balance? What the heck is going on? Validate file passed okay.

Answers

• dfatq
    dfatq Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had to get this done so let it adjust the balance. Then I decided to just let it setup a new account - I disabled online from the old visa credit card account, changed the account number to old-1234, then setup new account. It went through the process and said it download from the past 1 day (So I guess I'll have to add the missing item), anyway, after doing this all of a sudden in the old account that is no longer linked to anything, the missing transactions I manually entered showed up - so I just deleted them. Something is wacky. I also had from 12/7 where etrade transactions came down with 0 size lots.
  • dfatq
    dfatq Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I thought maybe it would work now and didn't need a new account, so unlinked the new one, went in and linked the original account to the visa credit card online (web). Now it still doesn't show the 2 transactions but it did change the balance from 0 to -244.33 which is the amount of the 2 transactions that should be showing up. There are no filters. How to I fix it - clearly the data file or program has something out of whack.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    dfatq said:
    So I thought maybe it would work now and didn't need a new account, so unlinked the new one, went in and linked the original account to the visa credit card online (web). Now it still doesn't show the 2 transactions but it did change the balance from 0 to -244.33 which is the amount of the 2 transactions that should be showing up. There are no filters. How to I fix it - clearly the data file or program has something out of whack.
    Hello @dfatq,    

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience these problems with Reconciling Accounts and with online banking services. Thank you for addressing this here on the Quicken Community. 

Unfortunately, given the nature of this problem, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.