Q16/W11 register flashes by

Sue99
Sue99 Member
I am trying to move from W10 to W11 version Q16. The register pops up and then disappears. I have moved Q16 several times and have never seen this problem. Any ideas? I have the patch on Q16.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to install Quicken 2016 on a Windows 11 computer? If so, you need to copy the QUICKEN.ini file from the Windows 10 computer. See: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20316265
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sue99
    Sue99 Member
    Thank you. I found the q16 ini but where do I put this on W11, the roaming file doesn't have Quicken.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI

You need to show Hidden Files & Folders to see the ProgramData folder. What do you mean "the roaming file doesn't have Quicken"?
  • swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    Sorry I took so long to respond. For some reason I was having major problems with my password but today everything is working.

I copied the Quicken.ini file to my new computer and the only change was that the register no longer flashes by.

I have moved Q16 several times before without a problem. Did something change in W11 to prevent this?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, Quicken stopped supporting pre-subscription versions of Quicken for security reasons.
  • swharton08
    swharton08 Member ✭✭
    That is disappointing. I don't think I was ever notified of the support change. Thanks for letting me know.
This discussion has been closed.