Please Enter a Valid Date error

Each time I attempt to post a transaction, I receive this error. Also, the date format for all transactions looks odd to me, i.e., instead of 11/03/2022, it is formatted as Nov32022. I tried to restore a backup file, but I'm encountering the same phenomena when attempting to post to that file, as well. I am using Quicken 2012 Start-Up Edition.

Any suggestions/insight is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    See if the following link is helpful.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915026/error-message-please-enter-valid-date-edited

Your edition of Quicken 2012

You didn't specify the age of your computer so old software may not be compatible with a newer computer. Perhaps you should consider updating your Quicken program to the newest version.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time I attempt to post a transaction, I receive this error. Also, the date format for all transactions looks odd to me, i.e., instead of 11/03/2022, it is formatted as Nov32022. I tried to restore a backup file, but I'm encountering the same phenomena when attempting to post to that file, as well. I am using Quicken 2012 Start-Up Edition.

Any suggestions/insight is greatly appreciated.
    Quicken gets the date format from Windows. Check the Windows short date format on your computer and change the Windows short date format to mm/dd/yyyy.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.