Ongoing 12/27/22 Quicken Performance Issue.

I am reaching out for a client's Quicken file: I was at her house yesterday and on Nov 13th and the Quicken program (which has years and years of data in it) starts not working and moving extremely slow after I have been in it for about 1 hour. I can still get to the internet but I cannot continue to make transactions in the Quicken file. I wonder if the file is just too big and if I should start with a fresh file?

It was very noticeable when I tried to import transactions from 5th 3rd Bank. I was able able to import from other sites but when I tried 5th 3rd Bank it was completely locked up.

I first experienced this problem on Nov 15th and that time I don't know which bank prompted the system locked up.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Angie_RS1 said:
    I am reaching out for a client's Quicken file: I was at her house yesterday and on Nov 13th and the Quicken program (which has years and years of data in it) starts not working and moving extremely slow after I have been in it for about 1 hour. I can still get to the internet but I cannot continue to make transactions in the Quicken file. I wonder if the file is just too big and if I should start with a fresh file?

It was very noticeable when I tried to import transactions from 5th 3rd Bank. I was able able to import from other sites but when I tried 5th 3rd Bank it was completely locked up.

I first experienced this problem on Nov 15th and that time I don't know which bank prompted the system locked up.
    Hello @Angie_RS1,      

I am sorry to hear about these general issues with slowness and freezing. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be your problem. I would suggest closing Quicken when it starts to slow down and then reopening.

Slowdowns and Not Enough Memory to Proceed errors - Page 5 — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.