CC-505 error downloading from Elan Financial Services account (QWIN)

Options
2»

Answers

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also cannot download transactions for this card. I get a CC-508. I did accept some disclosures but I still get this error. Tried at least 3 times.....
  • TW767
    TW767 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I found that not only do you have to accept the disclosures on Elan's website but also on Fidelity's website (click on "Download transactions." Once I accepted them through Fidelity I was able to connect the account and download normally. Case solved!
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I have two comments:
    With the older Elan website I tended to have problems with "Direct connect", but with the new Elan website, "Web connect" caused a new problem which was the "online balance" SIGN was opposite quicken's convention, so that reconciling was impossible.
    > So I tried to set up direct connect again with Fid. Rewards credit cards. My sign up failed AFTER getting the security phrase question, and I needed to sign into the ROOT Fidelity.com website, and go to the credit card, AND then select a menu item like "review payments" that sends me to the Elan website, and then look at and approve two new disclosure agreements, which required opening them and then checking boxes.
    > now direct connect is set up and the balances both have appropriate negative SIGNS.
    I will see how reliably it updates & reconciles going forward.
  • wtgreen
    wtgreen Member
    Options
    I have a Mac and I cannot import the downloaded transactions from my Fidelity credit card. This has been going on since mid-December. This is a Quicken problem--PLEASE FIX!
  • greensy
    greensy Member
    Options
    I have not been able to download my Fidelity Rewards credit card transactions into my Quicken account since November.Elan says they are awaiting on Quicken and Quicken says they are still working on it as of Jan. 3, 2023. It most be a very low priority problem. I am doubtful they will fix it so I need to either use a different credit card or a different program than Quicken
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greensy Elan (Fidelity) credit card download is working for me.  YOu can connect the credit card using Elan as the FI or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card FI.  I use the Elan FI.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• greensy
    greensy Member
    Options
    I found the problem with my account. The error code was cc 508. I had logged into my account and accepted the new terms on my account. However, every time I tried to update the entries in Quicken I got the same error. When I called Quicken or Elan, they told me it was a known problem and they were working on it. So I waited a month and did nothing. The real difficulty was that the credit card is associated with my wife's account - a fact which I had forgotten. Since she hadn't logged into Fidelity to accept the new terms, I was still getting the error code and was unable to update. Once she logged and accepted the terms, the problem was fixed.
  • M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue, except that originally it showed that my account had been deleted at Elan.  When I tried to reset it, it is now giving me a 503 error stating that my log in credentials are incorrect (they aren't, I can sign in directly to the account using the same credentials.)  I also cannot add the account to a "test" file using the same credentials - I get the same 503 error.  I do wonder why Quicken is using the elanfinancialservices.com site rather than the site to directly sign instead of the myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do site.
  • Doug Eldred
    Doug Eldred Member ✭✭
    Options
    As a workaround, create a Mint.com account for your credit credit. Then you can download .csv and import that into Quicken. It's a little tedious, but a lot easier and more accurate than entering everything manually.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    As a workaround, create a Mint.com account for your credit credit. Then you can download .csv and import that into Quicken. It's a little tedious, but a lot easier and more accurate than entering everything manually.

If you plan to import a CSV file, I recommend you check out the ImportQIF utility which can automate the process:

The author posts on this forum all the time and is extremely helpful.

However, downloading from Elan via EWC should work.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.