How to add tags to recurring bills

Options
I have recurring bills set up that I would like to add tags to. For example, tags such as "monthly", "yearly", "subscription", etc. So that I can filter or view by those tags later. When I go to "edit all instances" of a bill, I see the section under transaction details that is for "add tags/memo/action". In the tag section, it just says "No tags". It doesn't give me the ability to actually add a tag. There is nothing in that part that will let me click to choose or type in a tag that I want to use.

Does anyone know why it won't let me do it here, even though that's what the section is for? It will let me add a memo or action, but the tag section doesn't seem to let me do anything.

Answers

• Michelle
    Michelle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I figured out my problem. The bill had 3 split areas and I needed to click to open the split so that I could add tags to each split section. I thought the tags were added in the bottom section instead of within the category/split section.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do think that it would be nice to be able to tag the entire transaction in addition to the split items. Sometimes I may only want one part of the split to have a tag, but with some bills I would want the entire transaction to hold the tag and not have to for each split section.

For example, my phone bills might need a tag for "essential", but I don't necessarily want to have to assign the tag to each split for the monthly amount, tax, fees, etc.
This discussion has been closed.