QW broken with both Chase and Discover via Express Web Connect

Options
pbug56
pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
So many of us know that QW has been broken with Chase since we were forced to switch it to Express Web Connect in mid September 2022.  Discover Card is also broken.  Quicken and Amex are planning to make some change as well, don't know if it's to Express Web Connect.  And all we get on Chase is that they are working on it.  In real life, hardly any of my FI downloads work anymore.  The Chase problems keep changing, but not getting better.

For Chase, the only way to update my many accounts is to do downloads on Chase.com, and then import QFX.  BUT - after doing a few of my many accounts, it stops asking me which QW account to match the transactions to, and starts randomly dumping them in the wrong account.  Like my Chase card transactions go into - HEY, love this, into my Discover Card QW account.  So I have to X out, reopen QW, and do a few more accounts.

Now I should add a bit of detail.  I run QW on 2 PC's as a precaution after years of bugs and crashes, though other then with Q Mobile it's never been this bad.  PC 1, if I'm careful to UNCHECK Discover, usually doesn't hang, it just doesn't do most of my accounts.  PC 2, I keep trying to reset things and it keeps hanging.

The Discover Card problem is equally bad.  Right now, for the 20th time or so, I've either RESET or Deactivated and Reactivated OSU for it.  It says Updating your accounts.  Eventually it will open - partially some other window on top of that, with garbled text, and the only way to get out is to use Task Manager to kill the task.  I've 'rebuilt' the data file a few times so far.  This most recent time 5 minutes has passed since I started the process.  Eventually it will do that window open, no idea how long that will take.

So my questions - in REAL LIFE, is Quicken actually trying to fix either of these?  How many months will it take past the 3 1/2 months so far?  Will they keep breaking the connection with additional FI's?  Does Quicken actually still have engineering staff to fix problems, or just to create new ones?

And yes, I did work with Tech Support.  But since the problems are in the software, all they can do is try to work around the bugs.  I don't blame them.

I'm a former software developer for banks.  Kind of ironic, I suppose.  But I'd have been fired for incompetence if I put out code this buggy.  And that never happened.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Except for Edward Jones which is still a Direct Connect download, I have switched over to either Web Connect .QFX or CSV (converted to QIF via ImportQIF) imports for CapOne, Comenity, Chase and Discover and have had ZERO issues with downloads.  Yes, it is a little more work, BUT I bet I'm spending less time doing my Quicken updates than most others.
    There are alternatives to EWC and EWC+.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had no problem with Chase. I followed the instructions for the switch and have had no problems downloading my Chase credit card.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Some people have been OK, some have not.  [Removed - Speculation]  I've been a Quicken user for many years, and this is, at best, disappointing.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to go through the process three times before I did get it to work but it did work. I believe the issues is more on the Chase end than Quicken.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pbug56 said:
    Between FI's and our software, are Quicken servers.  Programmed by Quicken.
    You are missing the major part of the aggregator, Intuit, in the Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect+ download methods. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.