Mileage tracker discussion again

Dave335
Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
I found some old threads that are closed that mention a file called "milerate.txt" that you can edit to correct for the mid-year mileage allowance change that Quicken did not update for. I can not find that file anywhere on my computer and the possible paths to it they list are not found on my computer. The paths listed are below and ProgramData folder is not located on my computer coming off the root of the C: drive like they have listed. I did find C:\INET\COMMON folder but that tree is empty. Maybe a leftover from a previous Quicken version (30+ years user)? Does anyone have a current, specific location for that file?

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
February 2019 edited February 2019

Greg_the_Geek said:
You can also edit the milerate.txt in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz.

The actual location of the Milerate.txt file varies by Quicken version.
Older versions:
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz.

Current version:
C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The file is where it is supposed to be, C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz.
    But, the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder in Windows. You need to configure Windows File Explorer in the View tab to show hidden items.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for that important little detail! Is it okay for me to just add "07/01/2022 0.62.5" right below the last entry under business?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave335 said:
    Thank you so much for that important little detail! Is it okay for me to just add "07/01/2022 0.62.5" right below the last entry under business?
    Yes, but do mind the correct number format, 3 decimal places after the decimal point:
    07/01/2022 0.625
    Quicken should have sent an automatic update to the Milerate.txt file long ago ...
  • Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw that I had added the second dot but I had already posted. Thanks again and I will give that a try. I also agree that they should have sent an update 6 months ago. I will keep watching and see if the update now for the new year.
This discussion has been closed.