How do I manage eBills for my Chase accounts?

Since Billpay for Chase has been removed, my bill tracking of my Chase cards is in quite a mess. They show up in the Mac version in the bill sections, but the schedule along with the due dates are completely off (and don't seem to get synchronized). How do I effectively manage these cards?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• vnakul
    vnakul Member ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for your swift response. So there is not way to automate this process like in the past (i.e. have Quicken automatically pull the statement balance and schedule it as a transaction, which I can mark myself later on)?
  • William1
    William1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Billing section on the Mac has gotten horrible over the last year. I was able to reliably get the monthly bills for my chase cards for serval years and now the balance and eBill do not show up at all despite the promise of updated Chase support.
This discussion has been closed.