NewAgain to Quicken

...Us
...Us Member
We used Q well a long time ago.
We've had Q up and running again for a couple years, but have not been using it well.
I want to restart using it well and more completely again in 2024 and on, and will take 2023 to come up to full-speed.

I want to start by adding a new account or two every few weeks or so, and use 2023 as a baseline for years going forward, customizing categories, etc through the year.

In a new file, I tried to add accounts from an instituton and the data went back waaay to far.

I'd like to start added accounts using an 'as-of' date - in this case, perhaps 1/1/23.
Is this doable, and if so, how ?

Thanks...

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    You can't control the starting date for downloads. You can delete all the downloads you don't want and then change the starting balance to the correct one and the date to 01/01/2023. You can delete multiple transactions by selecting the first one and holding the shift key down while selecting the last one.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    I did mistakenly say "can", but I corrected it. Sorry about that.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    You can't control the starting date for downloads. You can delete all the downloads you don't want and then change the starting balance to the correct one and the date to 01/01/2023. You can delete multiple transactions by selecting the first one and holding the shift key down while selecting the last one.
  • ...Us
    ...Us Member
    Right - I don't want to download stuff earlier than 1/1/23 - at all.

As I don't want to bring in any data earlier than 1/1/23 at all, please expand on 'controlling the starting date for downloads'.
    What steps might be use to control the start date when taking on a new account. I can't seem to find that dialog.

Thanks!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, you can't control the start date.
  • ...Us
    ...Us Member
    Ah, I see ( your original response implied you "can" ).

So then Yes, agreed, your other suggestions make sense.
    Thank you.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    I did mistakenly say "can", but I corrected it. Sorry about that.
This discussion has been closed.