Bills and Income - Bills tab (display issues / missing icons)

Rathaul
Rathaul Member ✭✭
I am seeing that this issue only on the Bills and Income / Bills tab.
When mousing over the inner toolbar, the first two combo boxes and the last 4 icons will disappear. When you select the view from the first combo box as (Biller Name, Due Date, Stack View) the same visual issue happens with the Action button. When you select calendar view and open the transaction window, the issue occurs here as well, since they are using the same control for the action button. The "Today" and "Show Full Calendar" button also has the issue. If you mouse back over any of these controls, it will reappear but as soon as you leave 90% of the time it disappears again or you will see some other graphical issue.

Win 11Pro Build 10.0.22000
GPU (4080)
Monitor Setup (Dual)
First - 100% / 2560x1440
Second - 100% / 1920x1080
Quicken Subscription so on latest.
Uninstalled / Reinstalled
Brand new Quicken file.
I have tried overriding the DPI Scaling.

Comments

• Rathaul
    Rathaul Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention that any screen changes (switching tabs and coming back / resizing window) will show everything correctly again, until you mouse over again.
  • Rathaul
    Rathaul Member ✭✭
    Just noticed that there are additional windows that I'm seeing issues on. But they all are around the Bills & Income. With all these issues, it's a pain to use, since I have to keep resizing the window to see it correctly. I would say that I started seeing the issues when the switch to the Telerik controls were implemented.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Knowing from other discussions here that Quicken has issues when run in a configuration with multiple monitors, can you swap monitor setup so that the primary monitor is the 1920x1080 screen? Run Quicken on the new primary monitor and keep it there. It wants to be on the primary monitor and has problems with different resolution between monitors.

• Rathaul
    Rathaul Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the recommendation, unfortunately it didn't help. I removed the second monitor completely and tested. I tried different resolutions (restarting after change) and didn't make any difference. It's a Nvidia card and I messed with the control panel settings on that as well, without any luck.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to see if the manufacturers of your displays have newer display drivers available. Sometimes, what comes out of the box with a fresh Windows installation is not up to date ...
    Rathaul said:
    I would say that I started seeing the issues when the switch to the Telerik controls were implemented.
    May be that's where the fly's in the ointment. I have no idea what "Telerik" is and does ... you might want to contact their Support and ask.

• Rathaul
    Rathaul Member ✭✭
    I have an HP Omen 27i monitor and I couldn't find any updated drivers for it. HP doesn't make anything easy to find anymore.
    As for Telerik, they are a 3rd party company that deals with control libraries(desktop application, web applications), as in buttons, drop downs (combo boxes), text boxes, etc..., so companies don't have to spend R&D in developing their own control libraries. I'm a developer and we used a different company and ran into display issues as well using their controls. It was a pain on tracking down the cause, but most of the time it went back to the 3rd party as being the issue.
  • Rathaul
    Rathaul Member ✭✭
    After a lot of digging and researching I found the solution. It appears that this has been around for quite awhile in many applications. There is a service called NahimicService.exe ("Nahamic is sound processing software installed on your system, by the manufacturer") that gets installed by a couple of different applications. Mine appears was installed by SonicStudio for my motherboard. This exe is located in the Windows\system32 directory and the service is set to start automatically. Once I disabled the service and stopped it, my display issues are gone.

I hope this will help anyone else with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.