Is 2023 tax planner available?

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Just curious if any of the R45.xx versions have the 2023 tax planner. I'm staying off of R45 until FIND/Replace function is fixed but use the tax planner.  Could be a quandary.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    It doesn't work yet. In my copy (45.21) you can't set the tax year to 2023. Despite that, the tax payments system doesn't list any 2022 payments but the projected amount shows 2023 scheduled payments.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Yes.  2022 tax plan reporting is also messed up for those trying use it for final quarter of estimated taxes.  It nows uses 2023 estimated tax data even though 2022 year is selected.  Hopefully, this will be resolved when the tax planner is updated for 2023.

• Doug Obee
    Doug Obee Member ✭✭
    Was it a surprise that we are now in 2023? I would like to set up my tax planner.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't work yet. In my copy (45.21) you can't set the tax year to 2023. Despite that, the tax payments system doesn't list any 2022 payments but the projected amount shows 2023 scheduled payments.

Yes.  2022 tax plan reporting is also messed up for those trying use it for final quarter of estimated taxes.  It nows uses 2023 estimated tax data even though 2022 year is selected.  Hopefully, this will be resolved when the tax planner is updated for 2023.
    Try the workaround for tax year 2022 in this post. It should work in both R44 and R45.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel That workaround DID help for 2022. Thanks.

• dspowell
    dspowell Member
    In Windows Premier R47.11 the 2023 Tax Planner is still using 2022 YTD data in several categories (Taxable IRA/Pensions, Withholding (Self)). I've reported this multiple times and reviewed with Quicken support multiple times, but still has not been corrected.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dspowell I've given up on the Quicken tax planner for the actual taxable income amount and use a spreadsheet.  I still use the tax planner to get the gross income but manually put in the pension income and Roth conversions. 

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    If you have scheduled reminders or actual transactions for 2023, Tax Planner will use those. If you do not, it will use 2022 values plus the inflation factor as an estimate. 
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you have scheduled reminders or actual transactions for 2023, Tax Planner will use those. If you do not, it will use 2022 values plus the inflation factor as an estimate. 

Is it selectable to use scheduled, no projected data, or manually entered. , is it automatically deciding to use 2022 values?

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

Is it selectable to use scheduled (Yes if you have scheduled reminders for 2023 or actual transactions from 2022. No, it will not be selectable if neither is true.), no projected data (Yes), or manually entered (Yes). , is it automatically deciding to use 2022 values? (Yes)
    See comments in bold.
This discussion has been closed.