Changed password, now stuck in an invalid credentials loop...

Options
JCN
JCN Member ✭✭
Following the recent LP debacle, I went to change my PW in Quicken. Got an email confirmation, then trapped in a long loop of "invalid credentials", "Do you need help signing in", reset PW, rinse and repeat.

Following day, was able to login to Quicken mobile (IOS 16.2) to at least reach support. Had a brief chat but no real resolution.

Today I can finally use the same PW to get in to quicken.com on desktop (OSX 13.1). But the same password still breaks on the Quicken app.

Am located outside of the US. Use of a VPN doesn't seem to have any impact. Mobile can get to the cloud without a VPN. Have reset router already.

Any advice or help welcome.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    JCN said:
    Following the recent LP debacle, I went to change my PW in Quicken. Got an email confirmation, then trapped in a long loop of "invalid credentials", "Do you need help signing in", reset PW, rinse and repeat.

Following day, was able to login to Quicken mobile (IOS 16.2) to at least reach support. Had a brief chat but no real resolution.

Today I can finally use the same PW to get in to quicken.com on desktop (OSX 13.1). But the same password still breaks on the Quicken app.

Am located outside of the US. Use of a VPN doesn't seem to have any impact. Mobile can get to the cloud without a VPN. Have reset router already.

Any advice or help welcome.
    Hello @JCN,  

I am sorry about these problems with 'invalid credential' errors that seem to appear no matter what. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

I have investigated the issue internally and I have uncovered an account error that will require you to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the next necessary step in addressing this issue. 

I hope that this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Sandy K
    Sandy K Member
    Options
    I have the same issue which I've already posted on. I try to contact Quicken chat but have to sign in which is impossible because it won't accept my credentials. Is there another way of contacting support without needing to sign in.
  • JCN
    JCN Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sandy K said:
    > I have the same issue which I've already posted on. I try to contact Quicken chat but have to sign in which is impossible because it won't accept my credentials. Is there another way of contacting support without needing to sign in.

Support was finally able to fix my issue after 3 phone calls and an escalation to the tech team. Evidently they need you to login to desktop/mobile/web while on the phone so they can override whatever IP controls they have. Crazy that they can't implement some better type of security safeguard that doesn't block non-US residents and/or VPN users.
This discussion has been closed.