Why is my AT&T E-Bill keep failing. says "needs attention"?

Almost daily this keeps happening, sometimes I can get it to login. Most recently it says Update login. I go and update it comes up to the security code for Two Factor. and I never get a text from AT&T or it is very late.

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is more than one topic on this very issue. It is not just you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And more than one topic with UKR's great suggestion that insure your bill is paid timely yet will do nothing to solve the issue in Quicken but hide the issue from your sight and no longer show yet another Online Biller that no longer works in Quicken which is a function that we pay for
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Just search these forums for "windmill":
    What this says to me is if you want to be sure your bills are paid? Don't use Quicken. Over and over.
    I'd much rather Quicken is AWARE of the issues for each and every biller issue and FIXES at least some of them in a timely manner. Don't you agree?
    Back to the issues at hand, you can also search for AT&T to see the issues: (quotes around AT&T help)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    And more than one topic with UKR's great suggestion that insure your bill is paid timely yet will do nothing to solve the issue in Quicken but hide the issue from your sight and no longer show yet another Online Biller that no longer works in Quicken which is a function that we pay for

Bob. said:
    I'd much rather Quicken is AWARE of the issues for each and every biller issue and FIXES at least some of them in a timely manner. Don't you agree?
    Please understand that there's nothing Quicken can do. The banks are making it impossible for Quicken and other third party data aggregators to access their servers on your behalf.
    IMHO that means, the majority of the Quicken Bill Manager functionality is dead and gone and will not come back alive again.
    Follow my advice and use each individual biller's Autopay service to automate bill payment in a reliable manner. I've been doing it this way successfully, for decades. That's all I can say on this matter.
  • Thanks, for the comments, I don't you quicken Bill pay since I can't be sure it will always work. I use the "auto pay" from the account. I do like the e-bill so I always get the amount right foretasted in my reminders. I pay a premium price for the product and have been using it for a very long time. I don't mind letting the developers know about issues at all, especially the features I use.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Please understand that there's nothing Quicken can do. The banks are making it impossible for Quicken and other third party data aggregators to access their servers on your behalf.
    IMHO that means, the majority of the Quicken Bill Manager functionality is dead and gone and will not come back alive again.
    Follow my advice and use each individual biller's Autopay service to automate bill payment in a reliable manner. I've been doing it this way successfully, for decades. That's all I can say on this matter.

I do not believe that to be true. AT&T is NOT EWC+. AT&T is looking for 2FA and Quicken is not presenting a way to enter that. AT&T sends a code AFTER Quicken is closed. I have ONCE seen where Quicken affrered the 2FA for AT&T. So your descibed issue is not at all what I believe to be the case.
This discussion has been closed.