Change in downloaded transactions?

Options
Neil W
Neil W Member ✭✭
Sometime in the last week, the way that downloaded transactions are treated for my bank account has changed. Despite having automatic acceptance turned off, downloaded transactions are being accepted and are changing the transaction date to the clearance date instead of the issue date that I had entered. Why? How do I keep this from happening?

Answers

• Neil W
    Neil W Member ✭✭
    Options
    Additional info: The help screen for Pending Transactions refers to a setting that is accessed at "the hourglass at the bottom of the page". There is no hourglass at the bottom of any page that I have found, including the account register.
  • Neil W
    Neil W Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found the thread on pending transactions, saying that they had turned it off because of reported problems. I need to bring to someone's attention that it is somehow suddenly on for my Bank of America checking account and it's behavior is not beneficial. It automatically matches it to the already entered transaction and changes the transaction date to the to later pending date, thus losing the actual transaction date (it does this also for the matching transaction if it is a transfer). Since the setting for pending transactions is no longer accessible, I cannot turn this off. HELP!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Neil W, pending transactions were apparently turned back on last week and turned back off this week. Now that the functionality is turned off, you won't see the hourglass icon at the bottom of the account registers that use Express Web Connect + connection type. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Neil W
    Neil W Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the info! And I assume I will not have this issue going forward. This issue caused me more problems than you would expect. I hope that if someone decides to activate this feature in the future, they ensure that downloaded transactions of any type are not automatically accepted without the user turning that on explicitly.
This discussion has been closed.