Split, Save and Gear all disappeared from register

qcknuser
qcknuser Member ✭✭
Im on Windows 11. Quicken version R45.21. Suddenly the Split transaction and Save options all disappeared from the register, as well as the little Gear next to them. The big gear on the upper right is still there. Has happened to most of my accounts, but some still have the icons. There is nothing logical about which accounts lost these - some cc accts and some bank accts. Why are all these weird things happening in Quicken in the past year. Seems so unstable.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    qcknuser said:
    Im on Windows 11. Quicken version R45.21. Suddenly the Split transaction and Save options all disappeared from the register, as well as the little Gear next to them. The big gear on the upper right is still there. Has happened to most of my accounts, but some still have the icons. There is nothing logical about which accounts lost these - some cc accts and some bank accts. Why are all these weird things happening in Quicken in the past year. Seems so unstable.
    Hello @qcknuser,   

I am sorry about these problems with missing menu options. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

Once you have confirmed that the data file is being stored locally, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same menu mentioned earlier, and then proceed through the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the account register click the Register columns icon (next to the Balance column header) and make sure that "Action Buttons" is checked.
    The register view, when set to 1-line-per-transaction mode, must be wide enough to be able to show these icons without scrolling sideways.
    In 2-lines-per-transaction mode these icons appear in the 2nd line below the Balance.
This discussion has been closed.