Quicken Deluxe-why does Quicken stop responding on Update Account or Add Account attempts?

Options
I have Quicken Deluxe Version R46.9 Build 27.1.46.9. Every time I attempt to Update Account Transactions or Add Account, Quicken asks me to Reauthorize with the bank or other entity. I know this is normal due to the recent bank changes in allowing transactions to be downloaded. However, Quicken stops responding after the Reauthorize button is selected and the program has to be closed. This is happening with Bank of America and Capital One, the only account updates I have attempted.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken Deluxe Version R46.9 Build 27.1.46.9. Every time I attempt to Update Account Transactions or Add Account, Quicken asks me to Reauthorize with the bank or other entity. I know this is normal due to the recent bank changes in allowing transactions to be downloaded. However, Quicken stops responding after the Reauthorize button is selected and the program has to be closed. This is happening with Bank of America and Capital One, the only account updates I have attempted.

Any help is appreciated!
    Hello @jonesieatl,    

I am sorry about this issue with freezing and unresponsiveness. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jonesieatl
    Options
    Hi Jared, thank you for your reply. Yes, in the preceding days I restarted the computer after the problem occurred, I restarted it again after uninstalling Quicken and deleting Quicken from the Program files (x86) folder. I restarted it again after following the steps and reinstalling the software. I was still unable to update these accounts. I gave up and created a new Quicken File and have been successfully adding my accounts to this new file.
    Something seems to have changed for the better this morning and I see Quicken Jasmine has posted about resolving a similar issue in another thread about updating issues accruing to recent changes made by some banking institutions. Thanks again for your reply!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, thank you for your reply. Yes, in the preceding days I restarted the computer after the problem occurred, I restarted it again after uninstalling Quicken and deleting Quicken from the Program files (x86) folder. I restarted it again after following the steps and reinstalling the software. I was still unable to update these accounts. I gave up and created a new Quicken File and have been successfully adding my accounts to this new file.
    Something seems to have changed for the better this morning and I see Quicken Jasmine has posted about resolving a similar issue in another thread about updating issues accruing to recent changes made by some banking institutions. Thanks again for your reply!
    Hello @jonesieatl,    

Thanks so much for getting back to me with updates about what seems to be happening. I am glad to hear that there appears to have been some progress since our last interaction.

Just so I am sure: it sounds as though you are able to update accounts in your original data file, as well as the new one you started after uninstalling and reinstalling the program didn't seem to change the situation. Is that correct?

I just want to confirm whether or not everything now appears to be in order.

Regards,

Quicken Jared