Current Balance Not Matching Ending Balance & Several Transactions Not Sorting

Options
wjjerry
wjjerry Member ✭✭
I have an interesting issue with Quicken Deluxe, I entered in some new transactions in my checking account register, did a one step update with my bank which did update my account but it did not match several transactions. So I did manually matched those transactions but they did not move/sort back in the transaction register (see image) and after I got everything matched, my balances (Online & ending) matched but the current does not. Not sure what happened here, but I have roughly 18 transactions that are below my last transaction on 1/6/23 that are highlighted in yellow (see image) and the balance on this line is showing as the current (not correct) and should be the ending balance.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @wjjerry,

It is difficult to know for sure, partly because the "image" doesn't show column headings (and only one image was attached - not two).  But I do see that there are references to dates in December 2023, which I suspect are causing the problems you are having.  I believe those dates should be 2022 - not 2023.

Get back to me with more information on the above and or with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• wjjerry
    wjjerry Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you @Frankx, the column headings were Date & Posting Date and where you stated the dates were December 2023, I realized my mistake and why those other transactions were showing below the 1/6/2023 line in the image. When I was entering my transactions, I had typed in the date (month and day) but had not changed the year back to 2022 and that is why they were showing up like that and were showing highlighted in yellow (like they were in the future (December 2023 and a few for January 2024)). So I corrected those dates and all is showing up correctly/balancing now. It all boils down to making sure you have your dates in there correctly. Thank you again for pointing this out.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @wjjerry,

Yes, especially at this time of year, it can be difficult for some of us to get the year right.  It usually takes me a few weeks to finally stop making that mistake!

Take care,

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @wjjerry,

It is difficult to know for sure, partly because the "image" doesn't show column headings (and only one image was attached - not two).  But I do see that there are references to dates in December 2023, which I suspect are causing the problems you are having.  I believe those dates should be 2022 - not 2023.

Get back to me with more information on the above and or with any followups.

Frankx

• wjjerry
    wjjerry Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you @Frankx, the column headings were Date & Posting Date and where you stated the dates were December 2023, I realized my mistake and why those other transactions were showing below the 1/6/2023 line in the image. When I was entering my transactions, I had typed in the date (month and day) but had not changed the year back to 2022 and that is why they were showing up like that and were showing highlighted in yellow (like they were in the future (December 2023 and a few for January 2024)). So I corrected those dates and all is showing up correctly/balancing now. It all boils down to making sure you have your dates in there correctly. Thank you again for pointing this out.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @wjjerry,

Yes, especially at this time of year, it can be difficult for some of us to get the year right.  It usually takes me a few weeks to finally stop making that mistake!

Take care,

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.