Planning>Projected Balances feature

HermanC
HermanC Member
When using the Planning>Projected Balances feature, is there any way to save a set of accounts and name that set to preclude having to to select the same group over and over?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The only thing you can do is to select the desired accounts under the "Multiple Accounts" selection list and then use "Multiple Accounts" from then on. You cannot create separate subsets or name each subset.
    Using a Projected Balances view under the Home tab might be an alternative.

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    No, Unfortunately not.  Good idea though.   Might be a good idea for similar functionality in Investing tab as well.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HermanC said:
    When using the Planning>Projected Balances feature, is there any way to save a set of accounts and name that set to preclude having to to select the same group over and over?
    For me, Planning / Projected Balances remembers the list of accounts which I selected from a list using "Multiple accounts".
    Have you tried using "Select accounts: Multiple accounts", then selecting from the list of accounts?
    If you are asking "How can I set up and use multiple account selection lists?" ... sorry, this is not available when in Planning / Projected Balances.
    However, if you create a Classic View page (not the new Dashboard view type) or modify an existing one under the Home tab, you can add multiple Projected Balances views. Each of these views can have their own "Multiple Accounts" selection list.
  • HermanC
    HermanC Member
    I think the syntax is overwhelming the bottom line. When I go to Projected Balances there is an indecipherable display that includes lines for every account that might conceivably contain money. Every time I view that screen I have to go to the "Select Accounts" drop down menu and select the same 4 accounts that I am interested in displaying. I would like to be able to SAVE that selection and set my saved list as the default for viewing that screen. How did you get Quicken to "remember the list of accounts which I selected ..."?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HermanC said:
    I think the syntax is overwhelming the bottom line. When I go to Projected Balances there is an indecipherable display that includes lines for every account that might conceivably contain money. Every time I view that screen I have to go to the "Select Accounts" drop down menu and select the same 4 accounts that I am interested in displaying. I would like to be able to SAVE that selection and set my saved list as the default for viewing that screen. How did you get Quicken to "remember the list of accounts which I selected ..."?
    When you click the Select Accounts pulldown, look for "Multiple Accounts" at the bottom of the account list. Select it, select the 4 accounts you're interested in. Click OK when done.
    Once the Projected Balances view refreshes click to select any one of the listed reminders. This is to move the active field (highlighted in blue) away from the Select Accounts field (or even worse the Time Range field). The view reacts to mouse wheel scrolling based on which field is active. By default, that's the Select Accounts field and wheel scrolling in this field messes up your account selection. To avoid that, first click a reminder and now you can wheel scroll the view.
  • HermanC
    HermanC Member
    I am apparently not making myself clear as to what I want to do. The default group of accounts that are displayed when I open the Projected Balances screen is named by the system as "Spending", and includes all of my checking, savings, and cash accounts. I want to create a subset of those, such as two specific checking accounts, and save that subset to another name, such as, "My Checking". I would then like to be able to set "My Checking" to be the default displayed for that screen, or at least show up in the Multiple Accounts list as an option
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The only thing you can do is to select the desired accounts under the "Multiple Accounts" selection list and then use "Multiple Accounts" from then on. You cannot create separate subsets or name each subset.
    Using a Projected Balances view under the Home tab might be an alternative.
This discussion has been closed.