I want to change my user name in quicken so I can download from the bank

Help me please

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @dg17061010

Okay, from what you've said, it sounds like the username you have in Quicken is not correct (i.e. - it does not match the username that you are currently using to connect with the bank).

To fix this, you should take these steps:

1) first you need to remove any information (basically the username(s) and passwords) for each of the affected accounts in Quicken (NOT at your bank). To do this, one at a time, open up each account register in Quicken > Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit account details".  In the Pop-up window, click on the "Online Services tab . Then click on the "Deactivate" button > then click "Yes" to the pop-up question.

2) Once the deactivation has completed > follow the above steps again to get to the "Edit account details" tab.  Next, in the "general Tab > make sure that the Financial Institution Name as well as the account number are correct.  Next, click on the "Online Services" tab and click on the "Set Up Now" button. In the pop-up window > enter the name of the financial institution in the "Search for your financial institution box". > click on the correct name and then click "Next".  In the "Add Account" window > insert your "User ID or account number" and your Password > then click the "Connect" button.

3) In the "We found the following accounts window" - In the "Action" column  which says "link to existing account" - click on the "down arrow" then on "Link to existing account, and then locate and click on the correct account name (from the list of accounts) > then click "Next".  Do these steps for however many accounts you have at this financial institution - one by one.  Then click on the "Next" button at the bottom.

4) In the "How would you like to track your investments" - I suggest that you click on the "Complete Investing" button. Then click "Next".  You should then see the "Account Added" pop-up indication that the account has been added (back) and is connected > click the "Finish" button.

5) You may need to address some issues about the account once this is done, so follow th eon-screen instructions (if any).

That should cover it.

Let me know if you have any followups - and how the above goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dg17061010

Can you give us some additional information so that we can understand exactly what the problem is?

It sounds like you are having problems downloading data from a bank account.  When you refer to "user name" do you mean the name that you use to login to the bank account using the bank's website?  What method do you use to download from the bank?  Have you - in the past - been able to download data, if so - what downloading method were you using, if not what were the issues or error codes you were seeing?  What is the name of the bank and which downloading method were you using?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• You are correct...I need to change the username in quicken for accounts...I can change the password but cannot change the user name for those accounts. The user name needs to match what I use for opening online my bank accounts. So right now I cannot download those accounts. In the past, using the same username and password as the bank...I would just need to update anytime I wanted to update Quicken with my bank accounts. TD Bank
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @dg17061010

Okay, from what you've said, it sounds like the username you have in Quicken is not correct (i.e. - it does not match the username that you are currently using to connect with the bank).

To fix this, you should take these steps:

1) first you need to remove any information (basically the username(s) and passwords) for each of the affected accounts in Quicken (NOT at your bank). To do this, one at a time, open up each account register in Quicken > Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit account details".  In the Pop-up window, click on the "Online Services tab . Then click on the "Deactivate" button > then click "Yes" to the pop-up question.

2) Once the deactivation has completed > follow the above steps again to get to the "Edit account details" tab.  Next, in the "general Tab > make sure that the Financial Institution Name as well as the account number are correct.  Next, click on the "Online Services" tab and click on the "Set Up Now" button. In the pop-up window > enter the name of the financial institution in the "Search for your financial institution box". > click on the correct name and then click "Next".  In the "Add Account" window > insert your "User ID or account number" and your Password > then click the "Connect" button.

3) In the "We found the following accounts window" - In the "Action" column  which says "link to existing account" - click on the "down arrow" then on "Link to existing account, and then locate and click on the correct account name (from the list of accounts) > then click "Next".  Do these steps for however many accounts you have at this financial institution - one by one.  Then click on the "Next" button at the bottom.

4) In the "How would you like to track your investments" - I suggest that you click on the "Complete Investing" button. Then click "Next".  You should then see the "Account Added" pop-up indication that the account has been added (back) and is connected > click the "Finish" button.

5) You may need to address some issues about the account once this is done, so follow th eon-screen instructions (if any).

That should cover it.

Let me know if you have any followups - and how the above goes.

Frankx

• Thanks. I appreciated your help and seems to have worked. Best to you. Have a great 2023
This discussion has been closed.