Projected Balances ignoring split paycheck deposits

P.D.
P.D. Member ✭✭
After updating to R46.12, it appears that the Projected Balances in Bills & Income are now ignoring split deposit accounts on paychecks. I changed the amount on the additional deposit account and the Projected Balances graph and Closing Balances won't change at all. However, the account register still takes the split into account properly, so entering a dummy transaction on Bills & Income to correct the issue, completely messes up the account register. Big step backwards.

Comments

• nyvoid
    nyvoid Member ✭✭
    I am also seeing issues with projected balances as of this morning after updating to R46.12
  • I rely on my projected balanced heavily each month to ensure that checking accounts are not going to go to zero :) Split paychecks are not showing up in the projected balance - huge issue. Adding my comment here so I can receive any updates and fixes to this bug.
  • gehringerm
    gehringerm Member ✭✭
    With the release of R46.12, I am seeing the same issue. The first paycheck deposit works as expected but, for me, the next two deposits are not showing up in the Projected Balances. This needs to be fixed asap!
  • jschend
    jschend Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same issue since updating to R46.12 (build 27.1.46.12) on 1/12/2023. My spouse's paycheck is working fine, my paycheck is having the issue. So I deleted future reminders and set it up again using the wizard. Same issue. I made a backup and did a validate and repair. The results: it would take me months to fix and resolve so many, newly showing, errors (all with split transactions). So, I created a new file and have been taking the time over the past two days to re-enter all of my accounts, based on the last reconciliation. I am now at the point to start creating bills and reminders. I created my spouse's paycheck, using the wizard; no problems. I created my paycheck, using the wizard, same problem. None of the banks accounts are showing correct amounts (on the calendar and on projected balances. However, it is nice to see that I will have $49k+ in our main checking account at the end of the year, althought the checking account we use to pay our mortgage will be $29k+ in the negative (becasue of this issue). NOTE: when pulling up the registers for each checking account and changing the view to include upcoming transactions, the balances appear to be correct. We both have our paychecks being deposited next week Thursday and I cannot wait to see what happens at that point. I would really hate going back to the days of using a manual register and/or creating an MS Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything. I have been a user of Quicken since the mid-1990's and since that "subsciption" program started, it has been chalk full of issues after every version.
  • Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Me too. Tried most of the ideas you guys did and didn't fix anything... You think we'd know not to update Quicken too soon; maybe someone who uses the program daily should check these things out first.

The only reason I am still with Quicken after all these years is the "Projected Balances..." if that doesn't work...?
  • I am having the same issue too with the update to R46.12 and this basically makes quicken unusable for me.
  • jschend
    jschend Member ✭✭
    Update on the new file I created, mentioned in my 1/16 post. My paycheck is still not posting correctly on the calendar nor projected balances. I ran the Validate and Repair tool, as was mentioned in years earlier posts when this same issue arose. The result: QDF: no errors / QEL: No read errors / QEL: All internal consistency checks passed / 1 scheduled transactions corrected / Maximum security reference: 16, number of securities: 16 / No out-of-range security references found / Validation has completed.
    So I am not sure what scheduled transaction was corrected, as I only have 9 scheduled transactions setup, with one being my paycheck, and no other transactions have been applied to this file.
  • jschend
    jschend Member ✭✭
    It appears that the update is also ignoring splits in loan payments. Looking at the loan account, it shows the payment and how it is split between principal and interest. When you enter the payment those splits disappear and the software places two new lines; one with 0.00 and the other with the total payment amount.
  • Hotbed
    Hotbed Member ✭✭
    Split paycheck issue here as well. Was told by tech support a few minutes ago was to wait for the next update and we hope that will fix it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
  • S. Slattery
    S. Slattery Member ✭✭
    I spent an hour with support on this topic, demoed via screen share, etc. Proved the issue was the split deposit but they refused to open a ticket. The only response they had was something about their "sync" is messed up which clearly isn't the case. I hope someone will address this regression that happened with R46.2. At least there is more than one of us having the same issue.
  • FYI - I had the split paycheck taking out taxes and deductions. I decided that I wasn't going to do that anymore, and updated the same split paycheck to only include the income, 401(k) contributions, and then the split deposits into two accounts. After hitting save, the projected balance started showing properly again! I know others said they deleted and redid the paycheck and it didn't work - so while I wasn't expecting this to happen, it did correct itself. Not sure if this is relevant to anyone else, or it really was the correction that was needed?
  • S. Slattery
    S. Slattery Member ✭✭
    There is another post with a related split issue that might be helpful: See
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928234/after-january-2023-update-scheduled-payments-are-not-posting-splits-properly#latest

> @mshiggins said:
    > Discussions about the missing splits issue:
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927794/loan-payments-are-not-being-automatically-split-after-1-6-23-update#latest
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927765/quicken-loan-payment-entry-problem#latest
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927260/unable-to-save-more-than-10-category-splits-edited#latest
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Alert for the issue:
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927815/new-1-17-23-categories-disappearing-in-split-transactions/p1?new=1
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Current workaround for this issue is to revert to a 44.xx version. See this post for details on reverting to a prior Quicken program version. 
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928128/reverting-to-older-version#latest
    >
    > Note you can use your current Quicken data file with the older program version. 
    >
    > 44.xx versions did have some issues with EWC/EWC+ transaction downloading. 
    >
    > If the issue is only impacting your loan reminders there is another workaround. The loan payment split problem only occurs for Reminders Entered manually:
    >
    > Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem.
  • P.D.
    P.D. Member ✭✭
    R47.7 appeared to have resolved this issue but there must be some other issue in that release because I got updated to R47.7 on one computer but the other remains on R46.12 and it keeps telling me that I have the latest update already.

Apparently that's a feature according to this thread - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928444/one-step-updates-inconsistent-across-different-computers#latest

Very frustrating.
  • gehringerm
    gehringerm Member ✭✭
    I am still at R46.12 and yes, it says it is the latest... argh!

But I tried something... and got an interesting result.

My paycheck is split among a few accounts and except for the main one/first one, the others were not seeing their deposits in the lookahead. So, I added a new Income Reminder for the same amount of one of those and the same time schedule. As expected it shows up in the lookahead. Good, right? Yes. BUT, the other split out amount ALSO SHOWS UP in the lookahead BUT is not added to the balance. Strange? Yes. But at least my forward looking balances are correct.
  • Same here with R46.12. Calendar and Projected Balances ignoring splits and therefore displaying incorrect future amounts
  • P.D.
    P.D. Member ✭✭
    Not sure why we're now on R47.11 instead of something beyond R47.7 but here we are. The split issue appears to be resolved in this release as well but of course it created a new problem - surprise, surprise. BEWARE that all your individual edits on recurring payments have now been completely reset to the default recurring payment information. I updated the three individual ones but we'll see what happens tomorrow, to see if they get reset again. I can't believe the product is degrading at the rate it is right now.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @P.D.

FYI - In Quicken's revision naming system, 47.7 = 47.07, not 47.70. This is why 47.11 is, in fact, a later release.
  • I realized something was amiss when I had like $150,000 more in a checking account than it should! I found the inflated amounts (from years of transfers from paychecks), but when trying to "go to the matching entry", it goes to some arbitrary entry that has nothing to do with my paycheck. I can't figure out how to fix it! I don't exactly know when it started because 5/3 Bank stopped doing One Step Update downloads into Quicken, so I thought it was related to that. I am on 47.15. (I will also report the issue.)
This discussion has been closed.