Incorrect account balances

SOB711
SOB711 Member
When in the home tab, under the account section, almost ALL of my accounts use the Ending Balance column to display, my latest, current balance. THIS IS WRONG!!! how do I change it to use the online balance???

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about the balances displayed in the Account Sidebar, Quicken only uses either Ending Balance or the Current Balance, as calculated based on the existing register transactions.

• SOB711
    SOB711 Member
    My online balance is always the correct balance, how do I change my account view on home tab, to use online balance, not ending balance
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SOB711,

As @UKR indicated above, there are only two types of balances that will display in the Account Bar - and neither of those options are "Online Balance".

If you believe that Quicken should change the application so that users can see the current "Online Balance" in the Account Bar, you can make that suggestion here in the Quicken Community.  Here's a LINK to the "Product Ideas" area of this forum, which is where you can post your suggestion so that it can be voted upon by other users.  Those suggestions that get the most votes are considered by Quicken folks and often implemented by them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOB711 said:
    My online balance is always the correct balance, how do I change my account view on home tab, to use online balance, not ending balance
    And if your Quicken register balances are not in line with the downloaded Online Balance, you're going to have to figure why there's a problem and fix it. Reconcile your account register with the bank's printed statemnebnts and resolve any discrepancies: Missing transaction? Duplicate transactions? Incorrect account Opening Balance? Incorrect amount?

This discussion has been closed.