Is there a way to view history of a Tenant

I am looking for a way to view the total payment history of one person! and or where memos might be stored trying to learn this app, the last one I had was around 2009 ish and It is vastly different any help is welcomed!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mallmobilepark,

I would highly recommend that you take a close look at the Rental Property module by opening the "Rental" Tab and then going to the following screens:

Properties & Tenants - you can see a lot of data by tenant in the module (including rent history by tenant) Click on the "RENTAL" Tab > then click n Properties & Tenants > then click "Show Tenant List" ( see immediately below).

One the Tenant List opens, you can click on a Tenant's name and then click on the "History" button at the bottom of the Tenant List for rent history.  Or, click on "Edit" and you'll see this Screen (below).

Here you can see various detailed information about your tenant and use the "Documents" tab to add things like lease documents.  Please also consult the "Help" section to the right (below) for on-line assistance on common rental-related issues and questions.

I hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• @Frankx Sort of helped I think I should be a bit more clear as to what I am looking for, we use to use the program from 2009, which had some of the same features, but the ones we are not seeing is like where you can click on the name of a tenant and see all of the rent that tenant has ever paid to you along with like memos or notes on the side to sort of act as a reminder if they had fallen behind what the rent was for! myself I am totally new to this system and I am trying my best to learn it as I go any advice or places to learn features more on the rental side I am thankful for
    -Mall Mobile MGMT
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Mallmobilepark,

As you can probably understand, the Quicken application has changed significantly from what it was 14 years ago.  I cannot replicate the "click on the name of a tenant and see all of the rent..." but I can (and you'll also be able to) run a report showing rent paid for any tenant, or tenants, for whatever time frame you want (limited on by the data that you record in Quicken).

Here's an example of one tenant's rent payments received, and I set the report to cover only last year (could have been any time frame).

You'll see that, "memos or notes" can be added to any entry you make in Quicken, and they can be reviewed - again - through the reporting process. 

I would strongly suggest that you use the "Help" feature in the "Rental" tab to assist you in learning about all the things that Quicken can do. But in addition to that, take a look at the Quicken videos available at this Quicken YouTube LINK . And if you have any specific areas that you just can't find an answer to - come back here and ask a question.

Hope this helps.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.