Why don't my Quicken accounts and Balances Match My Vanguard Accours and Balances?

Options
Mark Sam
Mark Sam Member
edited February 2023 in Investing (Mac)
In Quicken under "Investing" I have all of my Vanguard account (joint account, inherited IRA, Roth IRA, etc.). I have these connected to my Vanguard Account. I should be able to do a simple visual check to see that the current values as listed on my Vanguard web site are equal to the current values in in my Quicken Application on My MacBook. But they are not. To start, there are accounts that I sold and closed many months ago that still show up in Quicken with a number of shares (it should be 0), but today's correct price. And there are many accounts which I still own that Quicken displays the correct price, but the wrong number of shares.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Each month (or in the case of Vanguard sometimes it's each quarter) when I get a new statement for an investment account, I reconcile the account in Quicken to make sure the cash balance is correct, and I also compare the assets listed on the portfolio view for the account to those listed on the statement to make sure that Quicken shows the correct number of shares of each stock or mutual fund. I think that's what you're going to have to do for your accounts. You can change the date on the Portfolio view to see what your account looked like in the past, so you can set the date to the ending date on each statement to see where they start to disagree. Once you've found that you can start looking at the individual transactions to see which ones are incorrect or missing.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.