Quicken Home and Business - how to view and work with attachments?

Newbie here. Can't find much discussion about this. If I scan receipts and attach them to transactions, can I later view and print all receipts attached to a particular account? I've seen something that suggests I should be able to open up an Attachment Viewer under Account Attachments, but an Attachment Viewer doesn't show up there. I'd like to be able to print off copies of all receipts, if necessary, but can't seem to find an easy way to do this. Am I missing something?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @LindaJAdams

I am afraid that I do not have good news for you. To the best of my knowledge, Quicken does not have a methodology to print all receipts attached to a particular account (or all receipts for a particular Quicken datafile for that matter).

My understanding is that you will need to print each receipt from each transaction in the account.  Obviously not an easy or convenient process.  In addition, I know of no way to retrieve, or run a report in Quicken, of those attachments even on an account by account basis. For this reason, I have suggested to users that, if they decide to attach receipts in their Quicken datafile, they should effectively maintain (think "backup") those receipt files in a separate folder outside of Quicken.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to gat back to me with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @LindaJAdams

I am afraid that I do not have good news for you. To the best of my knowledge, Quicken does not have a methodology to print all receipts attached to a particular account (or all receipts for a particular Quicken datafile for that matter).

My understanding is that you will need to print each receipt from each transaction in the account.  Obviously not an easy or convenient process.  In addition, I know of no way to retrieve, or run a report in Quicken, of those attachments even on an account by account basis. For this reason, I have suggested to users that, if they decide to attach receipts in their Quicken datafile, they should effectively maintain (think "backup") those receipt files in a separate folder outside of Quicken.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to gat back to me with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks very much for responding! I was kind of reaching the same conclusion, but very helpful to have it confirmed by someone with a lot more experience!
This discussion has been closed.