Show-on-calendar question

RunningMAC
RunningMAC Member ✭✭
Hello - I've learned that "show on calendar" box in Memorized transactions when clicked will put that transaction on the Quicken calendar. My question is - why and when would I want to use that? I'm not certain I can think of a use case, but obviously, there are some, or that capability wouldn't be there. Can someone please explain how they use this. Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @RunningMAC,

I think folks use the "show on calendar" functions for a variety of reasons. 

I use it occasionally for a "broad view" it gives for the weeks and months ahead. I like to view the cash balances, especially the cash balances by date.  And the color coding of expected income and expense items is helpful.  I also setup the "Account balance graph" at the bottom to help me monitor cash levels for certain bank accounts I use most often.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @RunningMAC,

I think folks use the "show on calendar" functions for a variety of reasons. 

I use it occasionally for a "broad view" it gives for the weeks and months ahead. I like to view the cash balances, especially the cash balances by date.  And the color coding of expected income and expense items is helpful.  I also setup the "Account balance graph" at the bottom to help me monitor cash levels for certain bank accounts I use most often.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RunningMAC
    RunningMAC Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Frankx, that helps. I'm new to Quicken this year - transitioning my personal and rental business accounts to Quicken after 15 years on Desktop Quickbooks which I refuse to pay for now :-). Still figuring things out. Your answer gives me ideas for how I can use that function, once I get everything set up and caught up.
This discussion has been closed.